LucasArts is building a large scale online services and infrastructure to support a new way of connected online gaming that is going to revolutionize the industry. This position is responsible for the overall implementation of large OLTP systems that supports millions of users. This position is also responsible for creating a data warehouse from OLTP databases
It includes but not limited to:
Define and own logical and physical data model for large OLTP systems.
Define and implement ETL and ELT processes.
Define and own the implementation of data policy across multiple systems (including enforcing data and meta data standards, access layer, security, archiving, etc).
Establish the long-term strategy and technical architecture for the database and data warehouse.
Identify key business drivers for data warehouse (incl. OLAP) and assist in short-term improvements to existing data warehouse.
Work closely with other key stakeholders to define product release cycle.
Mentor other engineers
Participate in setting up technology roadmap
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science or related field. Masters Degree a plus.
- 5 to 8 years developing online services that is secure, scalable and highly available.
- Experience in building and maintaining physical and logical data model for large OLTP system.
- Experience with relational databases such as Mysql, Oracle
- Experience in writing SQL and OLAP (MDX) queries.
- Strong hands-on experience with open source or commercial NoSQL database, such as Cassandra, mongoDB
- Experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop, etc.
- Strong technical skills with data warehousing technologies, including Open Source solutions
- Current knowledge of the data warehouse and OLAP market; vendors, and standards bodies
- Experience in leading successful enterprise data warehousing implementation efforts
- Strong data modeling skills (normalized and multidimensional)
- Previous experience with application development.
- Previous experience on data mining project.
- Functional knowledge of Java, PHP, and J2EE integration technologies preferred
Lucasfilm - 19 months ago