The Principal Developer Analyst supports a variety of critical enterprise applications, conducts systems analysis and programming activities; provides production support and implements new functionality ensuring EWEB’s business operations are always running smoothly with a reliable infrastructure, applications and processes; and modifies procedures to solve moderately complex problems.
The ideal candidate will have experience with Service-Oriented Architecture, ITIL, and development and implementation of web systems. Additionally, the candidate selected for this position will provide leadership, guidance and management for application and process design for complex systems.
Why This Job:
During our first 100 years, EWEB has proven to be an outstanding provider of energy and water products to the citizens of Eugene. As we enter the second 100 years, we are embracing the challenge of becoming an adaptive and agile organization. IT will play a major role in delivering the required advanced technological systems and tools that enable EWEB to successfully meet the future challenges that will be part of the evolving utility industry. As a Principal Developer Analyst at EWEB, you will have the opportunity to help move the organization in building the foundation of the second 100 years. EWEB offers employees a unique working culture where public service is combined with state-of-the-art technology. Our employees work in a high-energy environment where creativity, innovation, involvement, teamwork and diversity are supported and encouraged. Employees have the opportunity to learn and grow, including training on the latest technology and a tuition reimbursement program. EWEB is also committed to providing a work environment conducive to the safety and health of its employees, and offers great benefits, including health care, vacation and sick leave, pension, holidays, an on-site fitness center and child development center.
Minimum Training and Experience Required:
Requirements As A Qualification & Progression
· Experience: Six years of increasingly responsible experience in a combination of the different functions as outlined in this job description. At least one year of experience in supervision and/or functional and technical oversight over other staff members.
· Education and/or training: Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business or related discipline.
· Desirable education, experience, training and certifications : None.
· Equivalency: An equivalent combination of experience and education may qualify someone for this job.
· Oregon driver license: No.
· Professional license or registration: None.
· Post-offer criminal record check required: Yes.
· Safety Sensitive Position: No.
· Next step in normal progression: None.
· Apprenticeship or other education/training required as a condition of employment, progression or advancement: None
(AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER)
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives supervision from designated staff. May receive functional and technical oversight from designated staff.
Exercises functional and technical oversight over designated staff.
Job Analysis Requirements. This position does NOT require moderate to high levels of physical exertion, repetitive exertion and/or work in hazardous working conditions.