Member of a cross-functional team with regard to the selection of appropriate suppliers for all electrical products, including Display, CPU, PCBA, Power Supply and Memory products. Responsible for obtaining cost and performing cost reduction initiatives for electrical sub-components and assemblies on an ongoing basis through negotiation, redesign or use of alternate components and 2nd sources. Leads continuous improvement of our supply base in the areas of technology road map alignment, inventory management, delivery, quality and terms agreement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Research potential suppliers and recommend those desirable in terms of technology, roadmap, process and quality capabilities.
- Identify risks to management (limited suppliers, unique technologies, etc.).
- Support the development of category specialists and purchasing personnel.
- Accountable for supply agreements and supplier business reviews.
- Oversee and own initial competitive cost targets and year-over-year cost reductions.
- Responsible for the quality performance and fulfillment of production needs.
- Manage supplier development activities to ensure continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the monitoring of market trends as it relates to major cost drivers, technology and future availability.
- Monitor and maintain agreements related to end-of-life components and bridge purchases.
- Facilitate component cost reduction opportunities by working in close collaboration with hardware and product development, procurement engineering, and supplier quality.
- Bachelor of Science Required. Concentration in Electrical Engineering, preferred .MBA preferred.
- 5 years experience working in a product development environment with component, process, and supplier selection responsibility.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in driving productivity improvements and cost reductions.
- 7 - 10 years of progressive supply chain experience in a managerial capacity within the Electronics industry.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- ERP experience, preferably within an ORACLE environment
WMS is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions that WMS conducts business. If you are requested by WMS to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment with WMS may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
- Ability to apply technical skills and experience to the selection of components and component suppliers
- Strong verbal, written, and group presentation communication skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make financial decisions
- Proven track record of cost reductions and the management of inflation activities
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strategic in nature with a strong aptitude for change management
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. WMS encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
The reels keep spinning and the jackpots keep flowing, thanks to this company. WMS Industries is a leading manufacturer of casino gaming...