If you were given the opportunity to paint the future of ecommerce on a canvas of over 1 billion consumers and had the strength of the Fortune 1 Company behind you, what would it look like?
@WalmartLabs, Silicon Valley’s newest development lab, we're working on this exact challenge. Our mission is simple: innovate on retail with new technologies to revolutionize how Walmart approaches digital commerce.
We are a team of relevance/platform/application engineers, scientists and product visionaries all working together to design, prototype and build technology-driven products and experiences that will change the future landscape of ecommerce. The @Services team is responsible for building the global service layer that will enable the end-to-end customer experience, from finding the product to delivering it to the customer. This will span many markets, business models and form factors; therefore, we are looking for engineers who will bring not only an abundance of experiences in technologies, but an abundant curiosity to innovate.
Come join an organization where you'll get to work as part of a world-class team, solve problems that are at a scale few can create, and get to build products that are only bound by the scope of your imagination. We are a high-performance team looking for others who will challenge us to become even better: come be the newest member of the @WalmartLabs team!!
The Opportunity (You will...):
• Help invent the next generation of ecommerce; integrated experiences that leverage the store, and the web to sell anything, to anyone, anywhere in the world
• Work with world-class technologists and product visionaries as a contributing member of the @WalmartLabs core engineering team
• Work with Ruby, RoR, Java and other related technologies to design and develop high-performance and scalable applications for use within the @Services & @Platform product ecosystem
• Help the team leverage and contribute to open source software whenever possible (Cassandra, Gearman, Hadoop, etc.)
• Be responsible for laying the foundation for Walmart’s future global platform as well as proposing solutions to ease software development, monitoring of software, etc.
• Be excited about making an immediate impact on a global scale
• Develops innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Ensures business needs are being met
• Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
• Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Supports business objectives
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Utilizes industry research to improve Walmart's technology environment
• Bachelor's Degree and 8 years experience building scalable e-commerce applications or mobile software
• 2 or more years experience programming in Ruby, Java or Python
• 2 or more years experience with No SQL, RDBMS, ORM, Caching, ESB and Web Services
• 2 years experience in Agile methodology
• Experience with Linux systems programming is a plus
• Experience in distributed/scalable systems is a plus
• Knowledge of standard tools for optimizing and testing code
• Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
• The eagerness to change the world in a huge way by being a self-motivated learner and builder
Walmartlabs - 13 months ago