Posting Job Title: Principal Engineer
Requisition #: 143101BR
Posting Location: Austin, TX, US
Area of Interest: Information Technology Services
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Texas Market - West Region currently seeks a Principal Network Engineer in our Engineering Department in our Austin, TX office. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The Principal Network Engineer will be responsible for architecting, designing, documenting, and deploying advanced IP and optical network infrastructure throughout the Time Warner Cable network. The position serves as the senior most subject matter expert on all IP connected platforms, routers, switches, optical transport platforms, and associated equipment. The Principal Network Engineer serves as a final point of support and troubleshooting escalation for all tiers of network engineering professionals within the organization to ensure prompt resolution. Demonstrates a high level of understanding for network principles, including routing protocols, multicast IP video, and other video specific network equipment. Represents the network engineering team with other internal departments, both within the region and within the corporate engineering organization. The Principal Network Engineer is responsible for developing and enforcing standards to ensure uniformity throughout our region.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for designing, architecting, and documenting all network infrastructure for the region, and ensuring uniform standards throughout all deployments.
- Maintains expert level knowledge of IP connected video platforms, both in the network core and edge.
- Maintains expert level knowledge of VoIP infrastructure, DHCP, DNS, TFTP, and other essential services.
- Troubleshoots and resolves critical network and system issues.
- Develop innovative solutions in tandem with vendor partners, understanding new platforms and technologies, as well as thoroughly understanding deployed platform capabilities and/or limitations.
- Project management skills as assigned to ensure successful implementations of new architectures, technologies, and/or platforms.
- Mentors and trains other network engineering personnel in key elements of networking systems.
- Research and identify technology opportunities and their application to the business.
- Other duties as required.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ449
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or Information Systems/Technology or equivalent job experience (6+ years of data network design, planning and support experience).
- 6+ years experience with Cisco routers and switches.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with VoIP technology.
- 5+ years of hands on experience with VPN technology.
- 5+ years of hands on experience with ACLs, Firewalls, and/or Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS).
- Extensive working knowledge of IP protocols including RIP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS/LDP, and BGP.
- Complete mastery and knowledge of the OSI layers (application to physical).
- Must be able to function effectively in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
- Must have the ability to facilitate and lead meetings of peers within the organization.
- Must have the ability to facilitate and lead meetings with other departments to determine network dependencies and produce solutions to meet the business needs.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIE, CISSP preferred.
- CCNA, MCSE, CISSP and/or certifications preferred.
Controlling Establishment ID: 00250 - Austin 11921 MoPac
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...