Req ID 52614BR
Location of Position
A Principal Engineer is responsible for continuous improvement on equipment and processes by providing floor support and troubleshooting as required on specified lines and processes (both mechanical and electrical). A Principal Engineer will be responsible for creating User Requirements, Technical Specifications, Design Specifications, IQ/OQ protocols, and Change Control protocols. This position will be responsible for managing projects (vendor relations, procurement, installation, and validation) and achieving both budget and timeline requirements. This position reports to the Manager, Engineering
- Baxter is looking for a solid Principal Engineer to work in our aseptic filling operation. Strong Pharmaceutical background and strong Project management skills in an engineering environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Qualifications):
- Develops User Requirement Specifications, Technical Specification and Design Specifications for new automated processing equipment or upgrades to existing equipment.
- Authors and executes validation protocols to include Installation Qualifications, Operational Qualifications, Performance Qualifications, and Confirmation protocols.
- Troubleshoots PLC controls and automation related problems.
- Performs process reviews and prepare technical reports detailing equipment operation, best practices and recommended changes.
- Prepares documentation in support of capital projects and manage capital projects up to $1MM in size. Monitor and report project costs including capital and cross-functional expenses. Estimate cost affected by design and/or policy changes.
- Leads project teams as needed to accomplish project objectives.
- Studies and recommends techniques to improve existing products/processes.
- Gathers, understands and documents business objectives, specifications and requirements on small/medium size projects
- Evaluates and recommends products and systems in key technology areas
- Identifies and implements process improvements in the architecture and/or infrastructure of existing systems
- Prioritizes tasks to resolve complex problems.
- Requires little direction, gives guidance to others, works on technical projects, and has advanced knowledge within area of functional responsibility.
- Mentors junior-level Engineers.
Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience in pharmaceutical engineering and project management experience.
- Experience with PLC hardware and programming to include Allen Bradley and Siemens.
- Experience with HMI/SCADA applications to include Fix32/iFix, Intellution, Wonderware, Panelview, etc.
- Thorough understanding of automation and control principles.
- Networking, PC and database architecture is beneficial.
- AutoCAD or equivalent component design knowledge.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.)
Must be able to gown qualify for Grade A/B areas.
- Must be able to li ft up to 50lbs.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Position requires sitting or standing for long hours.
Doing Work that Matters
- Display a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside primary area of expertise.
- Ability to convince management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods.
- Effectively operate in and may facilitate cross-functional teams with guidance.
- Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications.
- B.S. and 5 - 8 years related experience, or M.S. and 2- 4 years related experience. Ph.D. 1 - 2 years experience.
Baxter provides its employees with comprehensive compensation and benefits. To view additional opportunities at Baxter and to learn more about the company, please visit our Web site at http://www.careers.baxter.com/. EOE M/F/D/V.
axter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), is an American health care company with headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois. The company primarily...