Brown and Caldwell, a national environmental engineering and consulting firm, has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Engineer in our Upper Saddle River, NJ Office. The ideal candidate should have strong communication and technical skills. Knowledge of Federal and New Jersey environmental regulations is required. The successful candidate will have a positive, can-do attitude; strong written and oral communication skills; and be flexible and self-motivated. The successful candidate also will be creative and well-organized, quality-oriented with attention to detail, and capable of working in a diverse team environment and handling multiple tasks with competing priorities.
This individual’s primary responsibilities will include being involved in multiple aspects of site remediation projects including the preparation of work plans and design documents, permitting, construction documentation and interaction with clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors. The successful candidate will need to be able to produce technical reports and design documents, work closely with a diverse, multidisciplinary project team, manage change, be able to perform field work such as construction oversight, and interface with field crews and clients as needed.
- Be technical lead and provide technical support on a variety of projects.
- Prepare and review technical reports, design documents (plans and specifications).
- Lead and direct client meetings and calls.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of junior staff.
- Mentor junior level team members.
- Utilize internal technical resources.
- B.S. degree in civil, chemical or environmental engineering (or a related discipline) required. Construction and design background highly preferred.
- 10+ years of project management or technical leadership on projects that involved environmental investigation and remediation or water treatment design, construction and operations and maintenance.
- NJ Professional Engineer (PE) required.
- Licensed Site Remediation Professional preferred.
- 40 hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and subsequent updates is required.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Must be able to successfully manage and deliver on multiple tasks with competing priorities.
Brown and Caldwell - 9 months ago
Brown and Caldwell is headed straight to the gutter -- to clean it up. The employee-owned firm provides environmental consulting and...