Phillips & Temro Industries is a leading engineer to manufacture organization with a diverse product line. Our expertise ranges from the design and manufacture of engine starting and comfort products for the automotive and heavy duty truck industries to the manufacture of engineered- to-order silencers and emissions products for the power generation, off-highway, and gas compression markets.
We are seeking a Principal Engineer to be based at the corporate headquarters in Eden Prairie, MN, as part of the Cold Weather Division. Under the direction of the Director of Engineering, the Principal Engineer is responsible for providing primary technical support to product development project teams as assigned. The Principal Engineer provides deep technical knowledge and leadership to the engineering department in their area of expertise. This individual will at all times conduct business in accordance with company practices & policies in order to promote Phillips & Temro Industries’ public image.
The successful candidate will:
- Is the primary steward of one or more technology areas that is critical to the growth and success of the business.
- Stays abreast of technical developments in area(s) of expertise and advocates for the best use of these technologies in Phillips and Temro products
- Provides technical support in one or more technology areas to product development teams across the business.
- Builds and preserves technical knowledge within the technical team through the authorship of reports, technical papers, specifications, and engineering standards.
- Mentors engineers and technicians in the department.
- Provides primary technical interface with external consultants including University resources to achieve technical and project goals.
- Provides leadership of cross-functional teams as assigned through all phases of product specification, design, development and release for the most complex product projects.
- Supports sales engineers in maintaining and advancing relationships with customers. May travel to customer, as needed, for critical technical support.
- Conducts or directs lab tests and makes professional judgments with respect to lab testing.
- Stays informed of developments in competitive product offerings, and in material/manufacturing advancements as they apply to the company.
- Keeps informed as to customer markets as they affect PTI’s product portfolio.
- May provides work direction to other technical staff.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 15 years experience in relevant engineering discipline. Demonstrated technical achievements
- International and Domestic up to 20%
Phillips & Temro employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package, including 401(k).
- Advanced Engineering Degree from an accredited college or university strongly preferred.
- Experience with automotive component design, engines, climate control systems, heat transfer, harness design, or electronic control systems.
- Experience with regulatory bodies: CE, UL, CSA
Phillips & Temro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The history of Phillips & Temro dates back to 1920, when James B. Carter opened his manufacturing business in Winnipeg, Canada. Over the...