Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc®, and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 35,400 kiosks across over 29,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Wal-Mart and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.Redbox.com . Information about Coinstar, Inc. can be found at www.coinstarinc.com .
The Verizon-Redbox JV brings together two innovative companies known for creating brands that customers trust and products consumers want. With immediate DVD and Blu-ray rental through Redbox and instant broadband content from Verizon, we’ll be uniquely positioned to deliver the best of both worlds – physical and digital – to all consumers nationwide. We’ll make it easy for everyone to access and enjoy the entertainment they want to see, using any providers’ mobile or home broadband service – anytime, anywhere.
Working at the Verizon-Redbox Joint Venture means you can enjoy the freedom and creativity of a start-up business with the resources of two recognized, established companies, plus more opportunities, more fun, more flexibility, more “wow”. You’ll do this with the aid of world-class technologies and services at your disposal. By creating new choices for our customers, you’ll take entertainment to a new level.
Principal Engineer is a senior member of the Redbox-Verizon Joint Venture technology team and will be responsible for the successful delivery and implementation of client application to support world-class video streaming and entertainment solution.
This position will lead a team of developers/subject matter experts responsible for Consumer Electronics (CE) device applications. Together, the Principal Engineer and SMEs will work closely with a collection of internal teams as well as external vendors whom are contracted out to deliver each service. This work will start with the selection of vendors and establishing of contract terms and move through requirements and design, and complete with QA and deployment.
- Work closely with the product team on requirements, design, product roadmap and product strategy.
- Define system architecture, code quality standards and perform code reviews
- Provide CE platform expertise
- Work with OEMS on device support and publishing/certification
- Source code management
- Work closely with other members of the technology team to enable successful integration of the client CE applications with the platform.
- Responsible for designing and developing a reference specification and Software Development Kit to enable third parties to implement their own client applications for the Redbox-Verizon Joint Venture.
- Software builds, packaging, deployment and revision control
Education and Experience:
- Experience in the fields of online media, cloud service, and storage solutions; understanding of video encoding, delivery, and distribution technologies
- Excellent understanding of Consumer Electronics (CE) development space, including devices, operating systems and development tools/SDKs
- Experience contributing to a growing, high paced organization
- Experience working with geographically distributed development teams
- Experience performing vendor management functions in multi-vendor environment
- Experience working as part of Agile/Scrum team
- Ability to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines
- Good at systems analysis and project management with a passion for technology
- Flexible and adaptable at applying skills to different situations
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with internal and external leaders
- Eager to learn and continuously improve
- Understand Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Mobile product development a big plus
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 12+ years of Software Development experience, with at least 9 years of Mobile application development as well as at least 1 year of technical leadership experience
Redbox - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Redbox wants to muscle its way into movie and game renters' hearts. In an industry dominated by Netflix and GameFly, it rents DVD and...