Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged daily?
We are looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, energetic individual with excellent written and oral skills who is not afraid to think outside the box and question assumptions.
In this role, you will be part of a fast growing, cohesive team with many exciting responsibilities related to framework development, prototyping, and evaluation of newer technologies (such as graph databases).
- Provide leadership, mentorship and technical vision related to core framework development.
- Full SDLC responsibilities for design and development of reusable application development frameworks and delivery of sample/PoC applications leveraging such frameworks.
- Analyzing and recommending the right technologies to build technical solutions that meet business needs
- Strong object-oriented programming and design experience, including Java.
- Strong experience with relational databases and SQL skills
- Experience in NoSQL databases such as graph databases is a plus
- Experience in troubleshooting performance-related issue.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Maven or Ant.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Subversion or CVS.
- Experience with automated testing methodologies and frameworks, including JUnit, is a plus.
- Project management using SDLC
- Leadership, critical thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities
More Successful Candidates Will Have – Core Technologies
- Expert understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts and design patterns – 5+ years.
- A strong understanding of Java - 5+ years.
- Commercial web application development using Spring for IOC and web presentation – 5+ years.
- Experience developing and supporting software in a high load Unix environments including load forecasting and performance testing – 5+ years.
- Solid Spring, AOP, JDBCTemplate, SQL and JDBC skills; experience with MySQL and Oracle.
- Experience with Java deployment tools – Maven / Hudson.
- Test-driven development advocate using Junit, Jmock, etc.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Performance test experience with JMeter
- RESTful API design experience.
- An insatiable appetite for technology and an ability to realize practical applications of that technology
- Involvement with the technology community such as contribution to open source projects or user group attendance
Classmates® is the premier online, social, and mobile destination for reconnecting with the people from your high school years. Classmates offers the largest digitized collection of high school yearbooks online, with over 160,000 available to view, tag, sign, and share, and has the most comprehensive directory of high schools and class lists from the 1940s to today.
schoolFeed, a Top 25 ranked Facebook app, is now part of Classmates. schoolFeed by Classmates brings your high school class together in one place on Facebook - connecting and sharing memories with your class members has been made easier than ever before!
Join us today! This position is located at our headquarters on Seattle’s waterfront. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, and much more! Memory Lane d/b/a Classmates® and the United Online, Inc. family of companies are equal opportunity employers.
Please apply to email@example.com .
Local area candidates are encouraged to apply, and please note we are not able to offer visa sponsorship, visa transfer, or corp-corp arrangements.
United Online - 20 months ago