We’re Patch, the trusted voice for local news and community engagement. We inform and connect the residents in our communities and simplify their everyday lives. We launched with just 3 sites in February 2009, and now are in more than 900 communities in 23 states across the country! Patch is revolutionizing the way neighbors connect with each other, their communities and the national conversation. We have more than 13 million unique visitors each month, a 30% increase in traffic year-over-year, and are continuing to grow. Patch is relentlessly focused on enhancing our platform to provide the best news and information, and to encourage users to interact. Our audience is engaged, and attractive to marketers looking to raise awareness, increase consideration and drive sales.
Patch is a premier brand within AOL’s portfolio of leading content sites. We are an entrepreneurial, start-up culture and, at the same time, able to leverage the scale and resources of our parent company. AOL is one of the largest producers of quality digital content and one of the world’s leading sellers of premium display advertising. Other brands in its portfolio include The Huffington Post, HuffPost Live, TechCrunch, Engagdet, MapQuest, Stylelist, KitchenDaily, Style Me Pretty, MAKERS, Gdgt, and so much more.
You can't truly serve a community unless you provide the help it needs most, which is why giving back is so important to us. We do it as part of our coverage — in a dedicated space that lets local charities and volunteers find each other — and with a program called "Give 5," through which we donate advertising space to charitable organizations and contribute our own time as volunteers. Out teams care about and live in Patch communities. After Hurricane Sandy, our Local Editors listened to their communities about what their needs were. This resulted in a global corporate initiative to get badly needed goods to those areas most affected.
Role: Sr. Financial Analyst
We are looking for 'A' level talent to come join our growing Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. If you want to be part of a hard working, fun loving group of people, and make an impact from day 1 - come join our team!
Summary: The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting the growth and expansion of Patch. As part of the FP&A organization, this role will be responsible for developing, interpreting, and implementing financial concepts for financial planning and control; responsible for performing technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
• Develop departmental budgets and forecasts based on historical and current business information; weekly, monthly, quarterly
• Prepare monthly variance analysis of actuals to budgets/forecasts
• Identify, recommend and implement process improvement initiatives
• Assist Patch business managers in tracking to their respective budgets
• Partner with Accounting to ensure timely payment of invoices, T&E reimbursement and freelancer expenses
• Build reports and presentations that frame findings and conclusions
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; CPA or MBA preferred
• 4-6 years directly related experience working in a FP&A function
• Ability to communicate between departments as required within area responsibilities
• Passion for working in a start-up environment - a "do what it takes" attitude and entrepreneurial bent
• Interest in online media, news, and redefining community journalism
• Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
• Ability to run independently on projects with minimum supervision
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience with data analysis, forecasting, reporting
• Familiarity with Salesforce, SAP, Hyperion a plus
* Patch offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. Patch Media is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
AOL - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...