Job is located in Irvine, CA.
Principal Firmware Engineer – Embedded #483
Principal firmware development engineer for the development of sensor and RFID based products, including SIP (Store Intelligent Platform) messaging integration.
Experience and Education
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering - MS is preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Must have Embedded Firmware development experience
- Driver development experience a plus
- Experience with Java or other high level language on PC and Eclipse with SVN
- Experience with hardware development cycle and operation is a plus
Technology Skills and Strengths
- Understanding of Linux, Ethernet protocols, TCP/IP, DHCP, ARM, UART, SPI bus
- Understanding of common embedded development environments like eclipse with SVN, and automated build environments
- Understanding of 24x7 high availability enterprise and embedded application infrastructure design, architecture, and development
- General understanding of RF hardware tradeoffs, RF protocols and performance is a Plus.
- Ability to write self-checking code to automatically detect and log errors.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently on parallel efforts
- Ability to write and develop code to run on processors with or without an OS
- Ability to work independently and in small teams depending on tasking
- Ability to understand internal customer requirements, external technology trends, competition, and business environments as they relate to product strategy
- Ability to Document firmware and software technical specifications to build team knowledge
sologig - 8 months ago