The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the largest behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. Our overriding goal is to use the best science available to bring the most effective ideas and approaches to enhancing everyday life.
AIR’s Health Program offers tremendous career opportunities at the heart of health care reform, evidence-based care and the future of public health. AIR health experts provide high-impact research, policy analysis, evaluation, communication, and technical assistance in a stable, yet growing and entrepreneurial environment. Our researchers apply diverse methodologies and interdisciplinary approaches to a variety of health issues, including health reform, delivery system improvement, health care cost and financing, performance measurement, access and disparities, and consumer engagement. Our communication work includes behavior-change communication, communication strategy, national health communication campaigns, and community engagement. Our pursuits are enhanced by the contributions of our web application, digital media, database management, conference planning, and creative and publication services groups. AIR’s Health Program offers a balance of depth, breadth, and collegiality in combination with professional development, leadership opportunities, competitive compensation, premier benefits and flexible work arrangements. Our work is mission-driven with a strong focus on improving the health and well-being of the American public, especially disadvantaged populations.
AIR is seeking a Principal Healthcare Reform Project Leader for our Silver Spring, MD office.
The Principal Healthcare Reform Project Leader serves as a subject matter, learning, measurement, and improvement leader within AIR’s Health Program working directly with Clients, external experts, demonstration project participants and other AIR or partner resources on projects related to health care improvement.
The project involves engaging all appropriate stakeholders to build the will for improvement, clearly define goals and success, support implementation efforts, measure improvements towards the stated goals, and share successes among peers. The role of this position is to partner with, support, and ensure the success of the LDG. The candidate should have strong skills in the area of quality improvement applied to innovative strategies for improving the delivery of care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides strategic leadership to project learning communities and work teams in line with Client guidelines to develop approaches, plans and programs to achieve objectives.
- Oversees the design, development, and assessment of learning models/change packages/content in collaboration with expert resources as well as the delivery of all content across platforms (i.e. Webinars, Web platform).
- Serves as the lead facilitator for project learning communities and other collaborative learning activities. Interfaces directly on an ongoing basis with key project participants to develop skills, review performance, share lessons and best practices, and manage improvement processes.
- Designs and develops assessment strategies, including metrics, data collection, analysis, feedback systems and reporting to guide improvement efforts. Helps design project dashboards and other data sharing tools. Develops and delivers feedback to participants based on defined metrics on an ongoing basis as part of an overall improvement/change management process.
- Works closely with external subject matter experts and faculty to design learning models, content, curriculum, learning activities, collaboration strategies for participants, measurement and assessment strategies.
- Provides strategic leadership to all experts, faculty and AIR project staff and works with Program Managers to define scope of work, standards, and timelines for all project deliverables.
- Writes reports, prepares and makes presentations as required.
- Contributes to team efforts to develop new business, including proposal research and writing major sections of proposals dealing with relevant areas of your expertise.
- Handle multiple tasks independently and simultaneously
- Provides high quality work and client relations to enhance the company’s reputation. Continually develops and remains current in professional and business/industry knowledge and demonstrates versatility and/or specialization for personal marketability.
- PhD in Health Care Administration, Public Health, Health Policy, Health Services Research or related field. Master’s degree in same fields as above with additional experience will also be considered.
- PhD with 5 to 10 years of work experience in related field required; or a Masters degree with 10 years minimum experience in related field required. Experience should include 3 to 5 years providing strategic leadership to health care related learning activities some of which includes experience in facilitating learning communities or other related collaborative learning activities within health care field.
- Significant experience working on quality improvement in health care, with at least one year of experience in a health care quality improvement program in a leadership position.
- Superior analytical skills requires; ability to plan and execute multiple deliverables, interact with operations, subject matter and technology experts, and translate complex objectives into achievable implementation plans on a step by step basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively develop and communicate information to clients and staff. Ability to analyze, interpret, and synthesize scientific, professional, and behavioral science research material into a variety of formats.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment. Interpersonal effectiveness, professionalism, and courtesy in dealings with co-workers, clients, and other company associates required.
- Certification and experience with IHI Breakthrough Collaboratives or Six Sigma/Lean approaches are highly desirable.
American Institutes for Research - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...