This position will be part of the Operations Information Systems (OIS) Business Intelligence team and will be playing a key role in the Thousand Oaks, California-based client-facing team that delivers and continuously improves the data integration program (OIM) that supports Amgen manufacturing plants. The Operations Information Management program aims to enable operations staff to easily access *all* the data required to make informed business decisions. Key technical components of OIM consist of data warehouses, data federation tools, analytics and reporting platforms (Cognos, Business Objects). The successful candidate will partner will key stakeholders, manufacturing plant IS teams and other key Business users to define, scope and help planning the delivery of software solutions within the OIM program. Candidate must have solicited business requirements and produced business requirements documents as well as demonstrated experience in software testing/validation. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that solutions are aligned with business needs, objectives and constraints while meeting our architectural and design standards. A key task is to identify, document, and present complex business/systems solution options including pros and cons as well as ROI to business owners. The Business Analyst will be asked to act as a reviewer for all project level design documents to ensure that the Business needs, quality and design standards are adhered to.
• The primary responsibility of the position consists in the delivery of clear Business requirements and data flows to meet specific business needs.
• Responsible to document data flows between multiple systems, to understand the limitations of each “source systems” and the challenges associated with data quality.
• Responsible to build strong relationships with Business Clients and to understand their Business processes, challenges, data needs, etc.
• Responsible to drive projects’ inception phase: deliver business needs, project Charter and other high level project planning documents.
• Responsibility also includes some level of “technology watch” to remain informed of trends and tools within the general BI industry (“Big data”, Cloud computing, Data virtualization, etc.)
• Doctorate degree & 2 years of directly related experience OR
• Master’s degree & 6 years of directly related experience OR
• Bachelor’s degree & 8 years of directly related experience OR
• Associate’s degree & 10 years of directly related experience OR
• High school diploma / GED & 12 years of directly related experience.
• As a leader in the analysis and design process, the Business Analyst plays a key role in translating business needs and opportunities, technical options, feasibility and costs studies to both technical and business audiences.
• The Business Analyst needs to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and show the ability to listen and engage Clients in a productive way to understand their real needs.
• Some experience in project management is also required as the BA will likely be required to manage small projects within the OIM program.
• Strong experience with standard analysis and documentation techniques (use cases, business rules, process diagrams, etc.)
• Very strong SQL query writing skills is essential.
• 15+ years of IT experience in similar roles
• Experience working in a regulated environment with strict compliance requirements (i.e. biopharma companies)
• Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) software validation
• Ability to provide professional advice to a wide ranging audience
• Data profiling experience a plus
• Oracle PL/SQL (including use of SQL tools like SQL Plus, Toad, etc.)
• Business Object BI Suite: Data Federator, Web Intelligence, Dashboards 4
• Informatica ETL and Data Federation
• SOAP, Web Services
• Advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence technologies
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
Amgen is among the biggest of the biotech big'uns, and it's determined to get even bigger. The company uses cellular biology and medicinal...