The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Principal Infrastructure Architect will be responsible for infrastructure design and technical architecture of complex, multi-system configurations and will act as technical lead in the implementation of IT infrastructure and applications to meet existing and future needs. Develops architecture blueprints, design specifications, and operational best practice guidelines relative to deployment and virtualization of business critical infrastructure across all tiers (app, middle, DB). Evaluates new technologies, remains abreast of current market trends, and is recognized as an industry expert. Successful candidate will be a technical expert on both Microsoft and Linux platforms running in a VMWare environment. This individual will also have a strong focus on continuous improvement of the technical architecture including advancement of build automation and monitoring practices and technologies.
- 10+ years experience in technical architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recover/rollback, and application partitioning in a large scale IT organization
- Expert knowledge of virtualization technologies including VMWare, vSphere, vCenter, SRM (vCD, vCO, vCOPs is a plus)
- Expert knowledge of build engineering and build automation tools and deployment technologies (Chef, Bamboo, uDeploy, Maven, and SVN, or similar tools)
- Expert knowledge of application monitoring tools such as CA Wily/APM, HP Openview. Sonic Actional, App Dynamics
- Experience capturing and assessing application workload inventory and performance characteristics from a server and application level across all application tiers (app, middle, DB and supporting tools)
- Strong familiarity with high-scale web implementations, using technologies such as Tomcat server, WebSphere, and IIS, or similar technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of information security best practices.
- Strong familiarity with F5 LTM or similar application load balancing technologies
- Solid understanding of database solutions (SQL Server, Oracle) and integration with Java applications
- Demonstrated experience with ReST and EDA architectural patterns
- Proven experience with system analysis and design, construction, and testing
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills to achieve business results
- Ability to map business needs to technology solutions
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to effectively engage with and lead cross-functional teams of engineers and developers
- Strong presentation and executive level communication skills
- Ability to work flexible work hours (including holidays and weekends) and participate in on-call rotation as needed
- Experience working with outsourced resources, including off-shore teams
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
- VMWare Certified Professional
- Familiarity with HP servers and storage including C7000 blade chassis, P9500 Fiber Channel SAN, and P4800/P4500 iSCSI SAN storage.
- Certifications in technologies related to Management/Operations, Provisioning/Orchestration, or Business Critical Applications
- Kepner Tregoe PSDM Certification/Training
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience and technical training
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.