Center for Human Services
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, the Center for Human Services, the nonprofit 501(c) 3, affiliate of University Research Co. LLC, is a community-based leader in public health promotion, language acquisition, and adult education. CHS began providing educational and health related services to the migrant community in south central Pennsylvania in 1984. In addition, CHS has provided health promotion and educational services to the migrant community and other underserved populations in southern New Jersey since1988.
CHS’ mission is to work with communities to meet today’s challenges and take advantage of tomorrow’s opportunities by improving the quality of and access to health, educational, and social services for those most in need in the US and around the world. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.chs-urc.org ).
Division & Project Overview
The US-based Health, Education, and Training Division is home to projects funded through Center for Human Services and it’s for-profit affiliate, University Research Co., LLC. The Principle Investigator is being hired under CHS to implement an HIV information bundling project that includes conducting qualitative research with a traditionally underserved population, creating and piloting an HIV behavioral intervention for the population, and assessing the effectiveness of the intervention.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of US-based Health, Education & Training Programs, the Principle Investigator will:
- Provide oversight of an HIV research project, to include:
- Executing the project as outlined in the funded proposal, using sound management techniques
- Implementing the project’s financial plan as presented in the funded proposal
- Reporting project progress to the US-based Programs Director and Deputy Director and the sponsor, as outlined in the terms of the award
- Maintaining an accurate record of project related expenses
- Complying with all applicable sponsor rules, regulations, and/or terms and conditions of the award
- Managing staff, vendors, subcontractors, and consultants as applicable
- Disseminate findings through peer-reviewed publications and as required, presentations at scientific and community meetings
- Stay current in area of HIV/AIDS research through reviews of the relevant literature; educate self about the latest methods and evidence related to behavioral research.
- Share relevant, up-to-date knowledge with other staff, including providing in-service seminars, training and mentoring on behavioral research methods, issues, and the latest scientific evidence.
- Maintain knowledge of standard operating procedures for research and perform in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements related to human research participants and HIPAA requirements.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent level degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience in HIV/AIDS research
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing behavioral interventions
- Established record of research accomplishment, including a history of obtaining extramural funding (previous NIH funding is a plus). Investigators with active R01 awards, or equivalent funding, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- A strong first author publication record in peer-reviewed journals with demonstrated expertise in HIV/AIDS research.
- Knowledge and experience with qualitative research, or mixed methods, and a history of collaboration on multi-disciplinary or transdisciplinary research teams.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers .
Please cut and paste your cover letter and upload your CV where indicated.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
In the U.S., URC is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the American people by addressing health and related social...