As the Principal Knowledge Management Analyst, you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of AspenTech Intranet SharePoint sites and provide SharePoint project management assistance to business units based on published guidelines and practices. This position reports to the Director, Financial Business Systems and will work effectively with members of various departments across the Company.
- Develop Knowledge Management strategy by understanding knowledge management principles, SharePoint intranet capabilities and key client objectives; diagnosing and mapping client requirements; articulating solution risks and barriers; recommending project approaches; preparing time and cost estimates; planning full project life cycle
- Support organizational knowledge sharing and business communication through development and execution of a communications plan, process and platform
- Support knowledge sharing through the organization's operational business processes and systems by, among others, strengthening links between knowledge sharing and the information systems, and improving integration among information systems in the organization, to facilitate seamless exchange of information across systems and teams
- Develop detailed project plans and implement project management best practices
- Lead and facilitate information gathering sessions to validate business cases, gather and document business and functional objectives
- Implement these tools and systems via partnerships with technical teams from IS
- Facilitate the sharing of best practices in knowledge management across functional areas. Monitor and evaluate the knowledge sharing program and the progress of individual departments, including external benchmarking and evaluation programs / opportunities
- Provide information-gathering support and consulting on knowledge-sharing efforts to all business units via survey definition, deployment and analysis, process definition and redesign and through other knowledge and process-based efforts where needed
- Interact with other corporate-wide initiatives to ensure coordination and leverage
- Validate SharePoint system performance by developing and conducting test scripts; completing bug fixes and providing support as needed
Aspen Technology is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
- Degree in Business or Computer Sciences or equivalent work experience
- At least 7 years relevant working experience including expertise in Enterprise Intranet/Knowledge Management, Consulting skills such as interviewing stakeholders, conducting solution reviews, and consensus building
- Experience leading large group meetings/information gathering sessions with senior-level executives and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, with ability to function at both the detail and conceptual levels
- Familiarity with developing and delivering knowledge sharing programs
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office and SharePoint Services platform preferred.
- Good understanding of related products such as Designer, Silverlight, Quest, Workflow, InfoPath, and Bamboo etc. would be a plus.
Aspen Technology - 21 months ago