CareFusion Business Description
Manufacture and distribute ChloraPrep® brand products, which are used as patient pre-operative skin preparation products to help prevent blood stream and surgical site infections
Job Family Summary
Manufacturing Engineering is responsible for developing manufacturing processes, production floor layouts and associated tools. Reviews new designs for manufacturability. Designs process improvements to reduce product cost, process cycle time and improved product quality.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in an FDA regulated facility
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality assurance standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Interacts and manages vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Communicates with management, engineering, and other functional groups regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes
- Troubleshoot process and product issues and implement corrective actions where applicable.
- Use of engineering tools (time studies, PFMEAs, statistical tools, etc.) to add validity to protocols.
- Use of AutoCAD for layouts and Solidworks for 3D models
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical OR Electrical)
- years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Solid Works and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of control systems
- Experience with high speed automation
- Minitab experience