Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S. and No. 1, 2 or 3 in the world.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer with our Corporate Engineering Facility located in Deer Park, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Providing mechanical engineering expertise for capital projects, studies and plant issues.
- Executing approved projects including providing technical direction and assistance, coordinating with project and program managers, supervising the work of engineering consultants and contractors, and participating in inspections and start-up of equipment.
- Completing studies and various requests for engineering assistance such as providing the mechanical scope of work, equipment specifications, inspection and testing plans, and reviewing cost estimates.
- Providing technical support and training for plant engineers and technicians.
- Participating in maintenance committees and focus teams.
- Assuring Corporate policies, procedures, and standards and applicable codes are followed by himself and by contractors working for him.
- Maintaining technical expertise in codes, procedures, selection and application of equipment, and equipment technology through individual effort and ongoing training.
- Travel as needed on assignments.
- Mentoring mechanical engineers to improve core competency expertise.
- Direct involvement in design, testing, operation and maintenance of major rotating equipment.
- Knowledge of diagnostics and analysis of equipment vibration.
- Graduate engineer with 5-15 years of mechanical engineering experience across of wide range of process equipment, process vessels, and piping.
- Experience working with consulting engineers.
- Strong communication skills.
- Capable of handling multiple assignments up to $10,000,000 value.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Professional license preferred.
Occidental Petroleum - 18 months ago
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company — one of the largest...