Synopsis of Position:|
This position supports the evaluation and testing of IP packet based video systems, including compression systems, and Ad Insertion interfaces. Job responsibilities will include the technical evaluation, integration, analysis, and testing, of IPTV components such as encoders, decoders, and Ad Insertion equipment. Additionally, this position will require the ability to develop and execute test plans, develop engineering guidelines, perform quantitative and engineering analysis, debug technical problems, and develop technical requirements.
- Expertise in Encoding technology such as MPEG2, MPEG4-AVC, VC1.
- Expertise in audio codecs such as WMA, HEAAC, DD+ and AC-3
- Expertise with interfacing encoding systems to Ad Insertion systems (DPI/Cue Tone Processing, Video pre-conditioning, timing, SCTE104, SCTE35, etc)
- Expertise in Broadcast Video technology and equipment (Analog and Digital TV signals, broadcast methods, and their relevant standards such as SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, and SMPTE 272)
- Working knowledge of Video Quality Assessment (both subjective and objective methods).
- Working knowledge of Video format conversion technology such as SDI to Composite, up-converting SDI to HD-SDI and down-converting HDSDI to SDI.
- Working Knowledge of IPTV protocols such as RTP and relevant standards such as RFC 3550, RFC 2250 and ETSI TR 290
- Working knowledge of ITU VQG work on objective VQM
- Familiarity with Forward Error Correction codes such as PRO-MPEG COP3
- Experience with generating test plans and managing/performing the ensuing update and testing procedures
- Hands-on familiarity with testing methodologies, and quality control
- Strong technical writing ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to function as a team member
- Expertise in encoding systems and interfacing encoders to Ad Insertion systems
- Familiarity with IP networks, protocols and components (routers, switches)
- Familiarity with IP streaming capture utilities (Wireshark, TS Reader, etc)
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Experience with Windows server systems and architecture
- Experience with Operational Support Systems
Applicants must possess a Master of Science degree in electrical engineering or computer science, and 5 years of relevant experience; or a BS in engineering or computer science, and 8 years of relevant experience
AT&T - 15 months ago
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...