We are currently seeking a highly skilled mobile architect to work as part of our R&D team. This individual will help with defining the technical architecture, prototyping and implementation of new mobile services for the iBasis network.
- Architect both Retail and wholesale networks around GSMA wholesale and 3GPP based IMS services
- Work closely with product management for developing business cases for various value add services
- Interfacing with customers, providers and internal organization for requirements gathering
- Interfacing with vendors for solution design via the RFI/RFP process.
- Prototype architectures using the individual’s software development and lab gear based prototyping abilities before network based deployment
- Awareness and involvement with key wireless industry forums and standards bodies such as 3GPP, IETF and working group activities e.g LTE, VoLTE, RILTE
- Production deployment testing of new services and features
- Work on integrating new architectures with existing iBasis VOIP network using SIP, H.323, MGCP, ISUP and other IP based technologies
- A self starter, thinks outside the box and introduces new services via innovative ideas around technologies in the mobile & fixed space.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 7 or more years working in the CDMA / GSM industry as an architect or researcher
- Operational experience in CDMA / GSM networks a big plus
- Hands-on experience with HLR, HSS, Prepaid, MSCs, CAMEL SCPs, Short Message Service Centers a big plus
- Excellent knowledge of 3GPP specification, IMS, LTE, VoLTE, RILTE, wireless inter-working, MAP, and SIP.
- Excellent project management skills, PMI a big plus.
- Ability to rapidly prototype features and services using C, C++, scripting languages with knowledge of interfacing to external systems and databases
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a group as necessary for the assigned task.