Supervises, leads and mentors the naval architects in
execution of their duties. Performs checking of studies
performed by naval architects and 3rd parties in
compliance with McDermott QA policies and procedures.
- Reviews project drawings and specifications with
respect to installation engineering involved in the
project and ensures they are in compliance with
applicable codes and internal requirements.
- Recommends changes in methods and technical details
to ensure that the work to be done is within the
capabilities of the installation spread.
- Ensures TQA of all engineering deliverables is
carried out in accordance with McDermott QA policies
and procedures and that relevant, sufficiently
qualified personnel are appointed to conduct the
- Ensures that the amount of resources required to
perform the work are identified and communicated to
the CSE Manager.
- Produces detailed CTR's for estimation of manhours
and resources required to execute assigned
workscopes and in support of bidding activities.
- Produces detailed and/or conceptual designs of
upgrades and modifications to marine vessels and
equipment (e.g. pipelay stingers).
- Prepares studies and designs for jacket launching
upending, vessel response (including determination
of RAO's), vessel stability, deployment of subsea
structures and mooring installation.
- Participates in the resolution of any technical
problems arising during loadout or offshore
installation and assists in the formulation of
corrective action that is required.
- Participates in installation of HAZID's and Risk
- Studies and designs to support tender activities or
for other development requirements.
- Stays abreast of code changes and their impact.
- Required BS in Engineering, Naval Architecture
- Minimum 7 years in naval architecture.
- Work in capacity of Lead Naval Architect, within a
team of naval architects and engineers.
- Preferably with offshore job experience.
- Experience with ABS, DNV and GL vessel design and
- Knowledgeable with MOSES or equivalent software.
- Familiarity with structural analysis software.
- Familiarity with DP vessel operations.
McDermott - 16 months ago