Works independently to perform complex network engineering tasks. Conducts network engineering duties to research, design, develop, test and implement network engineering solutions. Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Performs network engineering tasks to design, implement and test network solutions.
- Develops network requirements, specification preparation, test plans, deployment and upgrade plans.
- Participates in the analysis, design, and test of new equipment and configurations for new or existing networks.
- Proposes upgrades to existing network architectures and configurations.
- Performs integration testing.
- Participates in the configuration management of network configurations.
- Conducts Tier III Operation and Maintenance support to identify severity of problems, determines corrective action, resolves technical problems, performs fault isolation and implements solutions.
- Remains current on LAN and WAN network product developments and improvements.
- Provide support to business development and proposal activities.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
Four year college degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline plus a minimum of eight years of experience specific to the skills for this position or a Masters degree plus six years of experience or a Ph. D. plus three years of experience. Experience in designing, integrating and deploying Internet Protocol (IP) based networks that utilize routing protocols suchs as Routing Information Protocol (RIP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Requires proficiency with Cisco IOS or Juniper JUNOS Local Area Network technologies, Wide Area Network technologies, routing and rerouted protocols, and layers 1-4 of the OSI stack. May require knowledge and hands on experience with Unix, Linux, Windows, or other PC environment. Ability to use PC software such as word processing, database, spreadsheet and flowchart, and computer aided software engineering (CASE) tools. Effective written and oral communication skills required. Knowledge of customer needs and competing products is desirable. Able to analyze and solve complex network engineering problems. Able to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadline and budget guidelines.
Cubic Corporation - 21 months ago
Who We Are
Cubic is a diversified systems and services company in transportation and defense markets worldwide. We are a leading technology...