Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. We are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth by providing an exceptional variety of products at lower prices and convenient delivery. To reach this objective, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven employees who can work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Our expanding Operations Engineering Team is seeking a Principal Region Engineer. This talented person will be responsible for designing, building; improving and delivering Amazon’s order fulfillment infrastructure.
• Leader : Able to influence, negotiate and develop relationships at all levels of the organization to gain support and overcome resistance of team, region, node, project and support responsibilities.
• Coach : Mentor project and process engineers. Prepare these team members to consistently deliver results as well as increased responsibilities and advancement.
• Doer : Proven ability to deliver large scale integrated material handling projects, including related building, systems and operations project elements. Possesses exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges.
• Communicator : Ability to communicate expectations, requirements and statuses to business partners, and capacity to prepare and review project specifications, your own data analysis and design drawings as necessary.
• Expert : Demonstrated subject matter expert (SME) in distribution system design integrations, material handling systems/applications, packaging automation, distribution processes and storage systems.
• Design, build, and improve order fulfillment infrastructure throughout Amazon’s supply chain network as both individual contributor and team leader.
• Develop and mentor project and process engineers working within region / network assignments; provide day-to-day leadership with respect to their project assignments, best practices, budget and contract documents, implementation plan and acceptance testing.
• Foster and maintain open communications with FC management teams within region / network assignments; understand and advise on new and sustaining projects, capacity planning, best practices, engineering and safety standards, and capital planning business needs.
• Advise senior leadership on business and project activities within region / network assignments, as well as engineering resource leadership, development and performance.
• Lead and coordinate design efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal solutions for the network, including equipment specification, material flow, process design, and site layout.
• Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
• Drive capital projects; create conceptual drawings, equipment specifications and bid documentation to facilitate a competitive bid environment.
• Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing.
• Monitor and enforce safety policies, project schedules and quality standards with vendors and/or subcontractors.
• Coordinate with local NAFC management team to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance and safety practices are followed for new and existing equipment.
• Inspect facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures relating to material handling, processing and storage.
• Facilitate process improvement initiatives among site operations, ACEs, engineering and corporate systems groups
• Completed Bachelor degree in Engineering (any field) Operations, Business Administration or a related field or 2+ years of Amazon experience.
• 7+ years of experience as a project manager in the areas of: Engineering, Manufacturing or related occupation.
• 3+ years of people management and development experience
• Experience managing multiple major capital projects of at least $25 million
• Experience with the major material handling system integrators and design/application of material handling automation.
• Exposure to Lean Concepts, layout design, cost/benefit analysis, labor productivity analysis (time studies, standardized work), safety/ergonomic/human factors.
• Experience using MS Excel, and MS Project, and AutoCAD.
• Ability to travel up to 75% of time to installation sites throughout North America.
• Master’s degree in Engineering (any field), Operations, Business Administration
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Amazon.com - 2 years ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...