Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Mechanical
Job Title :
Principal Process Mechanical Engineer
Type of Position:
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• Registration and designation as a Professional Engineer (PE) and LEED certified or LEED Associate
• Minimum 9 years of experience designing HVAC systems for commercial, institutional, industrial or government facilities
• Experience with small building type
• Experience with the following software: Carrier HAP, Trane Trace, and/or BLCC5, Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD
• Established career in mechanical engineering specific to building systems and engineering design
• Familiar with central plant design and HVAC control sequences
• Energy analysis experience with regards to new energy codes and building modeling required
• Capable of performing energy analysis and financial analysis and determining paybacks and ROI for energy retrofit projects
• Ability to lead energy audit assignments and design teams
• Ability to manage projects with minimum supervision
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent client interaction skills
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Current, valid driver's license
The Process Engineering Business Line of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Process Mechanical Engineer for immediate employment. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. We seek applications from talented engineers with significant engineering company experience in HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection.
The primary role of the Mechanical Engineer will be the design of systems for building HVAC, Mechanical and Plumbing systems. This will include: the preparation of design drawings and specifications, the review of submittals, review of design documents, field surveys,coordination with other disciplines, interaction with clients and contractors, and investigation and troubleshooting, among other things. The Mechanical Engineer will also perform commissioning services for building HVAC, Mechanical and Plumbing systems, in support of a URS Commissioning Agent. This will include: the preparation of specifications, commissioning plans, testing plan, site surveys, preparing reports, and independent interaction with clients and contractors. Other responsibilities include supporting design and commissioning teams in achieving project goals, attending meetings, and potential travel required.
• Conduct preliminary and investment grade energy audits for a wide variety of commercial, institutional and federal government clients
• Work with Energy Service Companies (ESCPO's) conducting energy audits and designing mechanical systems upgrades
• Assist with the preparation of qualifications and fee proposals for providing professional engineering services
• Lead mechanical design teams on a wide variety of projects
• Develop man-hour estimates for professional services and prepare work plans and project schedules
• Engineering analysis and quality control for complex HVAC systems including central boiler plant, chiller plants, hot water, chilled water and steam distribution systems, heat recovery systems, plumbing systems, central air handling units and air distribution systems, building automation systems, etc.
• Prepare mechanical construction documents
• Mechanical systems cost estimating
• Prepare engineering reports
• Perform field surveys
• Attend client meetings and prepare meetings
• Participate in marketing interviews
• The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above
URS Corporation - 12 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...