Amazon.com is looking for a big-thinking leader to be the Principal for Amazon's Global Selling business, focusing on the European Marketplaces.
Global Selling is an important initiative to grow the Amazon Marketplace Seller Business around the world. The long term vision is that any seller anywhere can start selling items in less than 60 seconds to consumers anywhere from any Amazon marketplace with the ability to deliver the same great customer experience. The leader will be responsible for defining and delivering solutions for our European Marketplaces and focus on the seller experience and success, ease of use, increasing product adoption, and value. The leader will also be responsible for ensuring the consumer has the same trusted buying experience from international sellers as local sellers such as accurate delivery times, landed price transparency and great customer service. The role requires a high level of interaction and synergy with our Marketplace businesses and Fulfillment by Amazon program. The leader will interact with our global teams and will work with sellers in every country who want to sell in our current and future marketplaces.
Key Strategic Objectives
The Principal Product Manager Global Selling Europe will work with a growing, international team of Product Managers and Software Development Engineers responsible for the growth and success of this segment of our business. The leader will also work closely with a team of Finance managers, Operations program managers, Sales team members, Account managers, and site editors. This business will play an important role in Amazon s mission to be the place where customers can find and discover anything they want to by on Earth. We want to knock down the unnecessary barriers to e-commerce trade that currently exist between countries.
The position is based in Seattle, WA but will require the leader to travel and spend significant time on the ground in Europe.
The scope for this senior leader includes the following:
Product and Program Management:
- Define measures of success for this business.
- Analyze opportunities, develop and implement strategies and business plans to grow within Europe as well as globally.
- Develop key metrics and performance indicators to measure overall financial performance and provide foundation for continuous improvement.
- Plan and conduct periodic business reviews with Amazon Executive Leadership team.
- Influence and evangelize with Senior leadership in our Retail, Marketplace and Operations organizations.
- Increase buyer awareness and demand for items shipped from international sellers.
- - Improve seller success as measured by their year over year growth and profitability.
Marketing and Sales
- Work with sellers and internal software development teams to design, build, and maintain processes and features to make sellers more successful.
- Work with internal product line category leaders and software developers to design build and maintain business process and features to improve buying customer experience.
- Develop long-term product roadmaps.
- Clarify and drive short-term project priorities and commitments, as well as establish and maintain clear chains of project management and accountability.
- Manage all projects, including organizing and planning, estimating, managing resources, tracking and controlling projects, managing risk & opportunity, managing quality, seller relations, communicating & documenting, and change management.
- Drive awareness and adoption of Global Selling to the seller community.
- Identify and manage marketing channel strategy for direct sales and self service acquisition.
- Work with Direct Sales on promotions and sales tools to maximize life time value of seller per dollar spent.
- Define and execute the communication, reporting and feedback mechanisms for thousands of large and millions of smaller sellers.
- Determine account management strategies for the most impactful sellers.
- Work with Technical Account Management team to reduce seller contacts and cost per contact.
- Combine similar requests from multiple sellers to productize capabilities that are extensible to all sellers.
- Partner with seller s IT leadership and Independent Software Providers (ISPs) to find win/win solutions to complex business functionality requests.
- Work with software development teams to provide monthly product feature backlog as part of Agile Software Development.
- Define functional requirements for new features.
- Ability to develop a detailed understanding of Amazon s e-commerce products and the underpinning services oriented architecture.
- Understand technology trends and implications on the business for web design, logistics technology, payments processing, etc.
- Provide documentation on platform functionality, service behavior, and product roadmaps.
- Understand e-Commerce integrators such as Monsoon and Channel Advisor partnership fundamentals and practices.
Industry Specific Knowledge:
Finance & Accounting; Legal and Tax
- Have general knowledge of e-commerce and target market segments (e.g. media, apparel, and electronics), processes, industry standards, regulations, and the current business trends.
- Have general knowledge of competitive offerings in terms of features and price
- Understand and manage financial activities, such as working capital, cash flow, revenue and margins, and financial metrics.
- Have knowledge of basic accounting principles and techniques.
- Work with Legal and Tax department on service contracts and fees, import and export regulations, reporting compliance, etc.
Bachelor's degree in business, math, or related field
Ten years related job experience
1. MBA considered a plus.
2. International experience a plus.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...