Principal Project Manager
We are seeking a Principal Program Manager, who will be responsible for setting standards for deliverable quality and providing the tools, training, and best practices needed to define and drive highest-quality project management for our clients. S/he will drive the development and improvement of product development best practices to drive consistency of approach and quality of outputs. S/he will manage and set design standards for methodologies, tools and knowledge repositories, provide a forum for team building and knowledge sharing, and set skill assessment standards and organize training initiatives. The successful candidate will exhibit strong interpersonal, persuasive, and presentation skills, display calm and consistent focus in a rapidly changing environment, and be able to broker changes in policies and practice across multiple teams.
A sense of humor is mandatory. Must be able to make and fulfill commitments to your team and clients, and work collaboratively with teams while realizing that you are not always the smartest person. Come join a fun and incredibly innovative team in the best company you will ever work with!
The Principal Program Manager reports to the Vice President, Operations, and will work closely with the Director of Quality, NPI Director, Director of Manufacturing, and Business Systems Development Manager.
- Define best practices across all program- and project management teams
- Standardize assessment, reporting, and continuous improvement of best practices across teams
- Work with the Director of Quality, the VP of engineering, the Director of NPI, and the Director of Manufacturing to capture cross-disciplinary requirements and best practices and incorporate them in all project and program management
- Work with the Business Systems Development Manager to drive project-management tool definition and development
- Key Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of experience as a Project Manager
- 5+ years managing teams of project managers
- demonstrated record of success in project and program management
- experience in managing teams of project managers
- experience working with multiple engineering and technical disciplines (mechanical, electrical, software, and industrial design are preferred)
- Preferred Qualifications:
- B.A. or B.S. degree is preferred
- Experience estimating and proposing fixed-price projects
- Experience with a variety of project-management methodologies and tools
- Experience maintaining and operating deadline-sensitive time travel machines.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in engineering) is required.
- Advanced degree a plus.