- Minimum Bachelors degree in an engineering or computer science discipline
- Minimum 4 years software engineering experience
Motorola Mobility has a unique opportunity for a Principal Quality Software Engineer who is ready to innovate across products throughout the organization. Building upon a deep technical skill set, this engineer will help remove software engineering roadblocks by identifying, implementing and integrating innovative solutions, leveraged from state of the art technology or industry best-practices. To succeed in this position, this candidate will need to know how to apply engineering process and/or frameworks like (SCRUM, Agile, Waterfall) to drive strong requirements, quicker and more robust designs, all in the while, reducing field defect escapes and speeding time to market. A working understanding of code patterns and code development tooling will be essential.
This position will have a high level of exposure and accountability to management, software engineering leaders, project management, test engineering, and customers. This candidate must be a self-starter with an ability to work with minimal day-to-day supervision, driven by pride in his/her work, as well as by the supporting team’s work. This role will present the opportunity to further grow the candidate’s quality toolset, particularly in the areas of Six Sigma and Lean Development.
This position will be integrated into our Network Infrastructure -Video Processing Systems product line based out of San Diego, CA.
- BS in Software Engineering
- 4 years of software development experience
- Past experience developing tools and processes that directly impacted product quality
- Passion for software engineering with high quality (training/published/etc..)
- Ability to constructively work with various engineering peers to solve quality issues.
- Experience with embedded solutions, familiar with hardware/software interfaces
- Detailed minded; within a multitasking environment
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Comfortable working in a distributed team.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, by phone, and in person.
- Experience working with end customers; addressing and responding to quality concerns.
- Software programming experience; (C/C and Java familiarity desirable)
- Detailed knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Experience driving Application Lifecycle Models tools (ALM, MKS, etc..)
- Experience with software build/release/integration tools and models
- Low level knowledge of bug tracking systems and SCM tools (Jira/ClearCase/Perforce desirable)
- Understanding of Video Processing solutions (MPEG/IP Video desirable)
- Desire to achieve professional certification either in Software Engineering or Quality Engineering.
- Travel up to 20%, must be willing to support development, product