Perform world leading research to further knowledge and understanding of shale oil and gas plays with an strong emphasis towards multi-scale 3D numerical modeling of shale oil and gas plays
Develop next generation geomodeling solutions for the shale oil and gas industry
Contribute to multi-disciplinary teams working closely with geologists and reservoir engineers
Manage and/or follow up and evaluate external research collaboration
Manage and/or contribute to technology development projects both internally and externally
Actively sharing knowledge and information
Develop and maintain good relationships towards both internal customers and contractors/vendors
Suggest and participate in improvements/development of guidelines, systems and methods used within area of responsibility
Apply and assure compliance with Statoil management system
- Master's degree or Ph.D specific to production geology
- Strong interest in research, development and innovation for shale reservoirs
- 10-15 years of experience working on research projects or within producing assets (preferably within shale oil and gas)
- US work authorization
Statoil offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. Statoil is an equal opportunity employer.
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication and knowledge sharing skills combined with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- To succeed in this position it is critical that you enjoy working with other technical specialists in your own field and also those that you interface with, petroleum technology disciplines and health safety and environmental discipline
- To enjoy working in this position you will need to be comfortable working within multidisciplinary teams and additionally as an extended team member on varied short and long term projects
Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
Statoil - 2 years ago
Statoil ASA (Statoil), formerly StatoilHydro ASA is an integrated energy company based in Norway with locations in approximately 40 other...