The Principal Researcher functions as a core member of the team to provide subject matter expertise in assigned discipline(s) and to support broader deliverables as needed. The Principal Researcher will be expected to drive the research agenda and produce deliverables for their assigned discipline(s).
Specific Job Duties:
Act as subject matter expert and go-to person to fully support assigned discipline(s) by producing thought-provoking, qualitative and quantitative original research to provide deliverables in the form of written reports and client facing events; to ensure timely and accurate flow of crucial thought-leading research on topics in assgined discipline, as promised to the clients.
Contribute to consulting projects as required and as driven by business needs by working in collaboration with the consulting project leader, provide subject matter expertise in area of assigned discipline(s) and perform various activities to support delivery of high-quality client-specific projects.
Respond to clients research-related questions of various complexity in area of assigned discipline(s) by providing deep subject matter expertise and timely insight and utilize resources and judgement to address questions and/or refer questions to senior level staff in a timely manner to provide customer delight in situations of one-on-one client needs.
Continuously develop SME in a particular/designated practice or focus area and expand knowledge into related fields/disciplines by actively contributing to above listed activities and pursing activities/work in various disciplines and staying abreast of current/hot topics and contributing to written/published products to broaden and build upon subject matter knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, engineering, geoscience or industry-related fields required; graduate degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years directly related experience traditionally acquired by working in industry, government, or consulting
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Requires strong analytical skills
- Requires highly effective verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of business to enable effective/productive communications with key people including senior level clients
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and ability to navigate and excel in a complex, heavily matrixed organization, and relate successfully to a variety of people externally and internally.
- Must be highly organized and creative with accomplished time and project management skills
- Must have the ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all coworkers and be able to meet the attendance requirements of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- This position will operate under normal office conditions and will include moderate phone use and moderate to heavy computer use.
- This position may be required to travel up to 20%; for events, round tables and client visits and other business related needs.
- Only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow up*
US-Texas-Houston - Westheimer
IHS - 21 months ago