Nokia is the world leader in mobile imaging bringing award-winning camera technologies to the hands of consumers. The most recent examples of Nokia's imaging excellence are the Nokia PureView 808 with 41 megapixel sensor and True Zoom technology enabling image quality far exceeding that seen previously in camera phones, and Nokia Lumia 920 with optical image stabilization which allows recording smooth videos hand-held and taking amazing photos even in very low light.
Nokia is investing strongly into research and development of new user experiences around the camera, and Nokia Research Center, the research arm of the company, is ramping up a new computational photography research team in its Media Technologies research laboratory in Sunnyvale, CA. We are now looking for world class talent to join this team and shape the future of mobile imaging with Nokia.
• plan and conduct world class research on new user experiences around mobile imaging and computational photography,
• implement your results as research prototypes,
• publish the findings in top scientific venues,
• participate in technology transfer to help turn research results into actual products, and
• interact with mobile HCI, graphics and imaging communities both internally and externally.
Nokia Research Center has a long history in successful collaboration with top universities, and your tasks may also involve establishing collaboration and performing joint research with academia, as well as working with interns
• Background in computational photography, computer graphics, or related field
• Strong interest in cameras and photography
• Creativity and passion to create interesting new user experiences and applications around mobile imaging
• Publications in top journals or conferences of the field
• Excellent programming skills
• Good sense of design
• Understanding of mobile hardware and software architecture
• Experience on mobile application development
• Experience on creating delightful mobile user interfaces
• Experience on graphics programming using, e.g., Open GL (ES) or DirectX
We will consider both experienced and recent PHD grads. We will match the position and job duties based on your experience and background.
Research & Development
Yes, 10 % of the Time
May 1, 2013, 6:59:59 AM
Nokia - 10 months ago
Nokia is not a plea to boycott the South Korean car manufacturer -- it's one of the world's leading makers of cell phones. First...