Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $1 billion in annual revenues and 13,000 employees across 170 sites in 35 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Bioanalytical Principal Scientist Group Leader to support our Professional Scientific Staffing group in Kenilworth, NJ.
Bioanalytical Principal Scientist Group Leader responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead/manage a team that performs Bioanalytical support to one highly important biological clinical drug development project
- Responsible for all activities performed in the abovementioned team
- Organize transfer of validated of electrochemiluminescent (ECL)-based assays (pharmacokinetic & anti-drug antibody) and a cell-based assay from a CRO to the internal bioanalytical group, generate the respective test methods, approve data and create/issue the assay transfer validation reports
- Act as Principal Investigator in individual bioanalytical studies, i.e. plan sample testing, review and approve generated data and transfer interim/final data to internal customer
- Assess analytical result data on acceptability using Watson LIMS system or other computer software and maintain documentation according to guidelines similar to GLP
- Interface with external central laboratories on incoming sample shipments
- Interface with customers within organization to report findings and the status of the project
- Work according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and regulatory guidance
- Maintain accurate records of ongoing projects in adherence with documentation standards
- Responsible for the preparation, review, approval, and delivery of bioanalytical validation and study reports
- Lead trouble shooting effort
- Collaborate and communicate within and across the work group
- Work independently in a structured environment
- Lead the decision-making process
- Act as technical expert within project team
The ideal candidate would possess:
- At least 10 years related laboratory experience with a BA/BS, 6 years with MS, or 4 years with PhD
- Extensive experience with large molecule bioanalysis in a regulated environment
- People management/leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge of immunoassays, ECL on Meso Scale Discovery platform, and cell-based assays
- Strong quality/GLP background
- Familiarity with Laboratory Information Management System (preferably Watson LIMS)
- Excellent computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight timeline and problem solving skills
- High sense of responsibility, accountability, and professional integrity
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology, Biology, Biochemistry, Biology, or related biological science discipline
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., with expected overtime as part of exempt position. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Kenilworth, New Jersey are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins at Lancaster Laboratories employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive cafeteria plan medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins at Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.eurofins.com.
Eurofins at Lancaster Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Don't buy those Bunsen burners. Let Lancaster Laboratories handle it. One of the largest contract laboratories in the country, it...