Principal Software Development Engineer (DSP), Bothell
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc., is the world leader in hand-carried ultrasound. Our high performance, lightweight and portable ultrasound systems enable clinicians to provide improved patient care. We are an innovative and high performance culture with tremendous opportunities. Working at SonoSite will give you the unique opportunity to contribute to the advancement of healthcare throughout the world. SonoSite is headquartered in Bothell, Washington and is represented by a global distribution network in over 100 countries. FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
This position will design ultrasound signal path DSP software for hand carried medical ultrasound machines. Responsible for developing digital signal processing algorithms for ultrasound applications in an embedded real-time computing environment. Requires competence in all aspects of product level software development including requirements analysis, design, implementation, SW/HW integration, and testing.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Develop DSP Software.
- Integrate DSP Software with Hardware.
- Test Developed DSP Software.
- Write Software Design Documentation.
- Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company's quality system.
- Communicate project status to manager.
- Communicate with other Engineering departments.
FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc. offers a fantastic compensation package, including benefits, and a 401k program. Visit us today to learn more about our exciting technologies and how you can make a difference. To apply and obtain further details regarding key responsibilities and experience requirements, check out our careers page at www.SonoSite.com/careers .
- Accredited Engineering Degree - BSEE/BSCS (MSEE preferred).
- 10+ years experience with implementation of advanced signal/image processing algorithms (relevant ultrasound signal processing experience strongly desired).
- 10+ years of relevant C/Assembly DSP software coding experience (Texas Instruments 64x+ series DSP strongly desired).
- 5+ years experience with Texas Instruments Code Composer Studio software development tools, TI BIOS, and DSP hardware debuggers.
- 5+ years experience with MatLab modeling tools.
- Experience designing software for multicore DSPs strongly desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency with requirements analysis and documentation.
- Significant experience with software test methodologies.
- Significant experience with CM tools (i.e. ClearCase), and documentation tools (i.e. MS Office and Visio).
- ISO, FDA, or other regulated product development environments strongly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be available for working extended hours during critical phases of development programs.
- Ability to lift 25lbs with or without accommodations.
SonoSite Inc. - 12 months ago