Title: Principal Software Engineer
Organization: Ariba Network
Reports to: Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Ariba, an SAP Company makes business commerce as easy as consumer commerce.
Every day, we help our customer find opportunities to cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue through better collaboration with trading partners. We enable the collaboration through the Ariba Network – a cloud-based community where you will find buying, selling, and managing cash to be as easy as using Amazon, eBay, and PayPal. We also host other online communities where business commerce professionals network and share information and best practices, just like friends on Facebook.
Job Description Overview
- Work with some of the brightest engineers in the Bay Area
- Solve some of the world’s most challenging large-scale, cloud-based issues
- 20 PTO DAYS + Winter break between Christmas and New Year’s Day ~ Paid!
- 10 holidays
- Beer/wine bash every Friday
- Be a part of the networked economy innovator
The Ariba Network Engineering team is looking for a talented, passionate Principal Software Engineer with proven architecture, design and implementation skills to join the team. Be a part of the team that is bringing ongoing innovation to a network of buyers and sellers that is growing at an unprecedented scale.
Duties and Responsibilities
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Partner with senior management and the Architects on Ariba’s future strategy and play an instrumental role in the architecture, design, and development of the Ariba Network
- Provide leadership in all areas of the development process, including development standards and practices, system architecture and design, functional design and implementation, and unit and regression test design
- 10+ years relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver major critical projects
- Proven and demonstrable experience in architecting, designing and implementing enterprise-scale, high volume, high availability systems
- Expert in relational database knowledge, including data modeling, schema design, performance tuning, and query optimization
- Strong experience with interfacing with other enterprise systems through various messaging technologies such as web services and MQ Series
Ariba, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.
- Strong experience in web-based UI development, UI frameworks, client-side
Ariba Inc. - 18 months ago