At the EMC Backup Recovery Systems Division, you'll have the opportunity to turn your ideas and initiative into a career with the world's information infrastructure leader. Our product portfolio consists of a best-of-breed combination of backup and archive products, including EMC Data Domain-the #1 deduplication storage system-and EMC Avamar- the #1 deduplication software and system.
EMC has a commanding market lead in backup and recovery. IDC's latest forecast shows EMC with 62% market share-3x over our nearest competitor. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team and help take us to the next level in the backup, recovery and archive market. If you're looking for a work environment that thrives on diverse perspectives and technological excellence - the EMC Backup Recovery Systems Division is for you.
Our BRS Installer group is accountable for the delivery of functionalities and components for EMC's Avamar installer application. This expanding team is looking for a Principal Software Engineer who is able to develop software requirements and design specifications, implement/test/debug major system software components, and collaborate with external teams to develop inter-application integration.
The experience and skills that would make you a great addition team:
When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
- Expert level Java architecture, design, and development skills under Linux (multi-threading)
- Experienced in development using Web Services (REST, Soap), XML, JDBC, tomcat, SQL
- Web UI development experience
- Excellent communication skills with ability to drive integration effort with external teams
- Deep understanding of SW engineering methodology and object oriented programming/design
- BS Computer Science or related, MS a plus