Title: Principal Software Engineer (Sourcing)
Department: Ariba Sourcing
Reports To: Sr Development Manager
Job Description Overview
Ariba, an SAP Company makes business commerce as easy as consumer commerce.
Every day, we help our customer find opportunities to cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue through better collaboration with trading partners. We enable the collaboration through the Ariba Network – a cloud-based community where you will find buying, selling, and managing cash to be as easy as using Amazon, eBay, and PayPal. We also host other online communities where business commerce professionals network and share information and best practices, just like friends on Facebook.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with some of the brightest engineers in the Bay Area
- Solve some of the world’s most challenging large-scale, cloud-based issues
- 20 PTO DAYS + Winter break between Christmas and New Year’s Day ~ Paid!
- 10 holidays
- Beer/wine bash every Friday
- Be a part of the networked economy innovator
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for the design, development and support of key functional areas for the Ariba Sourcing product. Bring your passion for solving business problems which will make a huge impact in how business sourcing works. A unique Software-as-a Service (SaaS) solution, Ariba Sourcing is the most widely adopted and complete strategic sourcing offering in the marketplace used by thousands of companies to create and implement competitive best-value agreements.
By combining best-in-class sourcing and negotiation technology with access to a global network of suppliers, Ariba Sourcing enables companies of any industry, size, or geography to drive fast, sustainable results by automating and streamlining critical tasks across the sourcing lifecycle.
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 12 or more years of software development experience
- Proficient with OO programming and Java/J2EE
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Independent, highly motivated and energetic
Ariba, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.
- Quick learner with a passion for solving tough problems
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Strong knowledge of relational database, SQL and query optimization
- Successful track record in writing high quality code and large scale components in a SaaS environment.
- Good knowledge of algorithms, caching, scalability and concurrency technologies.
- Experience in using Java based frameworks – Hibernate/Spring/Struts
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix environment
- Scripting language experience
- Groovy or Ruby on Rails programming experience
- Experience with JBoss/Tomcat deployments
Ariba Inc. - 19 months ago