Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
Join our team of more than
seventy software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer in our Washington, DC office.
• Perform software requirement analysis through engagement with
project managers, project directors, and clients.
• Responsible for code development.
• Responsible for software design and engineering.
• Lead and supervise development and deployment of software
• Provide leadership to software development teams and mentor
• Evaluation of existing software architecture, proposing new
directions, developing change management plans, and leading
• M.S. or PHD preferred in Computer Science
• 10+ years development experience.
• Proficient in .NET, C#, ASP.NET, SQL, relational databases, multi-tiered software development, and web-based software development.
• Expert knowledge of object oriented (OO) analysis and design principles.
• Expert knowledge in design of multi-tiered web-based systems.
• Solid understanding of design patterns required.
• Proficiency in development of highly efficient real-time distributed software systems desired.
• Demonstrated expertise of algorithms required.
• Proficient in at least 2 of the following: C/C++, Java, XML, XSL, HTML.
American Institutes for Research - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...