The DeltaV Principal SW Test Engineer position offers the candidate an exciting opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the process control industry. The candidate will test new features of Emerson’s industry leading DeltaV product line and help ensure that they are delivered to the highest standards of quality and robustness.
The position will be responsible for all aspects of system testing – from defining requirements to system planning and test execution. The candidate will work in a team environment across different groups in the organization including Marketing, Software Development, and Product Support.
The successful candidate will possess technical expertise with the DeltaV process control system, an inquisitive and critical nature, and a strong work ethic.
- Design and execute test plans based on continual risk assessment
- Discover, isolate, and document product defects
- Configure and maintain large test systems.
- Create and enhance test configurations
- Work with development and marketing engineers to refine new feature requirements.
- Coordinate with other Emerson test departments across divisional and geographic boundaries
- Validate repaired faults
- Mentor other engineers
- Act as a customer advocate throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Proven technical expertise with the DeltaV process control system
- Capacity to quickly understand and evaluate a complex and evolving system.
- Highly motivated and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Self-directed and demonstrated ability to meet project schedule requirements.
- Affinity for software and the ability to break it.
- Strong risk assessment and mitigation skills
Minimum Education Requirements
- Certified Functional Safety Certification.
- Previous experience testing software or hardware.
- Test automation experience
- BS Eng or Comp Sci + 6 years; OR MS Eng or Comp Sci + 5 years
Emerson Process Management is a leading supplier of process management products and solutions, including control valves, regulators, transmitters, analyzers, and automation and safety systems. Its Process Systems and Solutions business makes automation, safety, and operations management systems – built on the proven PlantWeb digital plant architecture – to help plants run more safely, reliably and efficiently.
Experience the Rewards
As part of Emerson Process Management, Process Systems & Solutions (PSS) has expertise and capabilities in all phases of the process automation lifecycle from early planning and design, through project engineering, project execution, commissioning and ongoing operations.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package to include medical, prescription drug, and dental plans; 401k with company match; profit-sharing; company paid life, AD&D, and travel insurance; educational assistance in form of tuition reimbursement; short-term and long-term disability plans; matching gift program; and holiday and vacation plans.
Who May Apply
The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Process Systems and Solutions' policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or age and any other factor prohibited by law.
Emerson Process Management (www.emersonprocess.com), an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production,...