Buried deep in every vehicle fleet is a wealth of secrets that can be used to improve operations as well as the bottom line – if only you could unlock them. Navman Wireless holds the key that unlocks those secrets and helps fleets run more efficiently and cost-effectively every day.
With our technology, fleet operators have complete visibility into where their vehicles and assets are in real time – how much fuel they're using – how they're being driven – whether they need service – and other insights that can be used to make smart management decisions.
Today, Navman Wireless monitors more than 190,000 vehicles owned by over 16,000 organizations on five continents. That makes us one of the top SaaS providers of GPS-based fleet and asset management technology in the world.
An operating company of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Navman Wireless is based in Glenview, IL, with additional facilities in California, Mexico, UK, Italy, Taiwan, Ireland, China, New Zealand and Australia.
We are looking for a strong Principal Software Engineer who can help us take the current Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform from the current level to a next generation level. The person will also work on new initiatives and help us select the right architecture and technology direction. This person will be an individual contributor who will be reporting to US Software Manager. The Principal Software Engineer is expected to work closely with development managers, engineering managers, other senior engineers and QA team as part of the normal work. The person should help us build an enterprise class, high performance, highly scalable industry leading fleet tracking system.
- Working closely with engineering managers, senior engineers and product managers, come up with the right architecture and design specifications for new products and initiatives
- Deep dive into the current platform internals, and recommend potential improvement areas and come up with technical solutions to make those improvements
- Design and implement key technology parts and make them available to other developers as framework or components
- Prototype and recommend new technologies, approaches, and product features
- Actively participate in release planning, do design reviews, code reviews and follow the development process
- Help the manager in researching technologies, possibilities, and prototyping
- Help develop coding practices, and standards
- Work with geographically distributed development teams
- Other duties as assigned.
Why Navman Wireless?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 10+ years of industry experience
- This role interfaces with the local R&D team as well as other key groups in the organization
Interested in this Position?
Email a PDF of your resume to
- We are a fast growing company, but maintain a small company feel so your ideas can be heard at the highest levels
- In the last two years alone, we've also been listed on the Inc. 500|5000, Forbes America's Most Promising Companies, Crain's Fastest Growing Companies and the Crain's Largest Privately Held Companies
- Our SaaS technology has been featured in the BBC, NBC, Wall Street Journal, Fox Business, Inc., Fast Company, Investor's Business Daily, CNNMoney just to name a few
- Our products have consistently been recognized as best in class include recent wins of the Chicago Innovation Award, Construction Equipment's Best 100 New Products, Technology Leadership Award, InfoWorld's Top 25 CTO and Best Telematics Service and Application for Commercial Vehicles for our flagship OnlineAVL2 product
- The opportunity to sell an innovative fleet management solution that will make companies more efficient and productive thus growing their business
- We were acquired by Danaher Corporation, a Washington, D.C.-based Fortune 250 science and technology company, in December 2012
This job description is not intended to be complete or limiting; the role will require a proactive and flexible approach to successfully achieving the targets that support a rapid and innovative product development environment.
Navman Wireless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Navman Wireless complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Navman Wireless expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability to Navman Wireless employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years of industry experience and 3+ years of management/lead experience.
Navman Wireless - 18 months ago