Navman Wireless North America is a leading manufacturer of world-class navigation products and global positioning system (GPS) technology solutions.
Since 1988, Navman Wireless has been researching, designing, and building GPS technology, including navigation devices and vehicle tracking systems. We are a global leader in the rapidly growing commercial telematics market with a proven track record of success. Navman employs over 150 people with offices in over 12 countries and exports to 30 countries.
Navman’s Vehicle Tracking and Fleet Management Solutions uses real-time information to proactively and effectively organize a company’s mobile workforce with the ability to analyze a fleets historical performance utilizing a robust reporting suite to make improvements in efficiency and productivity, and reduce a company’s operating costs.
Scope of the Role:
We are looking for a strong Principal Software Engineer who can help us take the current Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform from the current level to a next generation level. The person will also work on new initiatives and help us select the right architecture and technology direction. This person will be an individual contributor who will be reporting to US Software Manager. The Principal Software Engineer is expected to work closely with development managers, engineering managers, other senior engineers and QA team as part of the normal work. The person should help us build an enterprise class, high performance, highly scalable industry leading fleet tracking system.
- Working closely with engineering managers, senior engineers and product managers, come up with the right architecture and design specifications for new products and initiatives.
- Deep dive into the current platform internals, and recommend potential improvement areas and come up with technical solutions to make those improvements.
- Design and implement key technology parts and make them available to other developers as framework or components.
- Prototype and recommend new technologies, approaches, and product features.
- Actively participate in release planning, do design reviews, code reviews and follow the development process.
- Help the manager in researching technologies, possibilities, and prototyping.
- Help develop coding practices, and standards.
- Work with geographically distributed development teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 10+ years of industry experience.
- This role interfaces with the local R&D team as well as other key groups in the organization.
Navman Wireless - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard