Raytheon Telemus is supporting a proprietary customer contract for delivering technical support to customer management and providing resources for the technical services required to enable customer mission accomplishment.
In support of the customer’s strategic direction, Raytheon is looking for key individuals who can support the development of new and innovative technologies and techniques.
An expert in software development in the area of systems modeling and simulation is needed to support the customer team.
Responsibilities will include
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
Develop information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions
Design and develop advanced scalable data mining solutions for mining terabytes of data including classification, clustering and collaborative filtering
- Optimize developed modules for specific hardware
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Applies communication, analytic and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate and resolve issues.
- Participates in special projects as required
Must have active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance
Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements definition, design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support of large-scale, business centric and process based applications.
ability to work in a team environment
- Strong programming skills in C, C++, C# and/or Java
Demonstrated knowledge of and applicability of client-server techniques and principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and applicability IBM SPSS suite of tools
- Demonstrated leadership and/or mentorship abilities and professional communication skills.
Familiarity with database design with a working knowledge of Oracle.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Ability to create well-modularized, maintainable software and willing to follow group coding standards and design.
- Should have recognized credentials in the field of data mining and advanced analytics
- Demonstrated practical experience working on projects that implement analytic models into production systems.
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development.
- Ability to work under aggressive deadlines.
- Solid understanding of software testing methodologies
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
years+ software development experience
- Experience supporting Intelligence and/or DoD Customers
- Experience with database architecture and design
- Shell scripting experience
Large-scale system design experience, with extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Experience with process development and deployment
- Excellent writing skills
DODI 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I
Required Education (including Major):
Bachelor of Science Degree with major in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Science or related field.
Must have a minimum of 6 years experience or equivalent education and experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), with 2011 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 71,000 people worldwide.
At Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS), we transform data into knowledge. IIS is a leading provider of intelligence and information solutions, specializing in ground processing, unmanned ground systems, cybersecurity operations, homeland security and other markets to resolve the most complex problems for our customers worldwide. IIS employs more then 8,300 people worldwide with major hubs in the Mid Atlantic Region, Aurora, CO, and national Headquarters in Garland, TX, IIS generated $3 billion in 2011 revenues.
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...