Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc®, and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 35,400 kiosks across over 29,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Wal-Mart and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.Redbox.com . Information about Coinstar, Inc. can be found at www.coinstarinc.com .
Principle Engineer (Service Development)
Principal Engineer is a senior integration team lead role within Redbox’s development team. This position will be responsible for design and implementation of new functionality. This person will be expected to deliver quality code, deliver on time and on budget, and have sound technical designs that are configurable and scalable to business conditions.
- Performs systems analysis translating business/technical requirements into technical solutions.
- Design appropriate technical solutions utilizing all knowledge and experience in current technologies and open source tools
- Collaborate with business users, product owner and Business Analysts to obtain a clear definition of business requirements.
- Review requirements and define technical estimates based on defined technology stack, resource availability, skill sets and priorities.
- Develops, installs, and maintains business applications using AGILE development methodology working with cross functional teams.
- Conduct code walk-throughs to ensure coding standards are adhered to.
- Creates and executes unit test scripts to identify and resolve defects prior to code integration.
- Periodically evaluates system to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Ensures smooth transition of application into production through documentation and knowledge sharing.
- Collaborate with senior technical staff to understand and drive technical solutions.
- Drive the creation of common technical frameworks (logging, instrumentation, caching, event queuing/routing/transformation, etc.) through a combination of new development and harvesting of existing functionality
- Shares knowledge with other Developers to build bench strength.
Education and Experience:
- Experience designing, creating, and producing enterprise applications with emphasis in web services.
- Deep understanding of web services software architectural and design issues.
- Core competencies in .NET, n-tier server technologies and enterprise application integration is required
- Experience with web service API management proxies, such as Mashery or Apigee, and/or message-oriented systems and ESB technologies a plus.
- Object Oriented Design and Programming.
- Performance Analysis and Tuning; Capacity Planning
- Experience with industry-standard security approaches and technologies
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle and methodologies including code reviews and version control software such as TFS, CVS, Clearcase, or Vault.
- Works well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with SQLServer is required, experience with No-SQL data stores is a plus.
- Experience with NHibernate and Autofac frameworks a plus.
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably in computer science - or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in designing and developing applications.
- Minimum of 3-5 years working with outsourced partners utilizing off-shore development centers.
Renting more than 3 billion discs to date, Redbox is America's destination for movies and video games. With 35,900 locations nationwide,...