Work in an agile and fast paced environment to design, and develop important components of Symantec's award winning data management software.
Responsible for feature set development following iterative, Agile processes.
Participates in code and feature reviews through lifecycle of development project.
Ensures that security standards, practices and policies are incorporated into all aspects of development disciplines and product solutions.
Collaborate with high-caliber teams across the board: Core Engineering, Quality Engineering, Tech Support, Product and Program Mgmt.
Responsible for maintaining a collaborative development environment used by internal product teams.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- 6+ years experience in technical development role with current hands on experience.
- Production experience utilizing C/C++, OOP and multi-threading concepts on Linux/UNIX platforms.
- Can-do attitude that performs under uncertainty, rapid change, and aggressive timelines.
- Ability to work independently with preset milestones and objectives.
- Strong knowledge in agile development methodologies.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to attain and maintain a “Trusted” role.
Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and...