The Position: Principal Staff Engineer (Cloud Operations)
Reports To: Sr. Director, Hosting Operations
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Ariba, an SAP Company makes business commerce as easy as consumer commerce.
Every day, we help our customer find opportunities to cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue through better collaboration with trading partners. We enable the collaboration through the Ariba Network – a cloud-based community where you will find buying, selling, and managing cash to be as easy as using Amazon, eBay, and PayPal. We also host other online communities where business commerce professionals network and share information and best practices, just like friends on Facebook.
- Work with some of the brightest engineers in the Bay Area
- Solve some of the world’s most challenging large-scale, cloud-based issues
- 20 PTO DAYS + Winter break between Christmas and New Year’s Day ~ Paid!
- 10 holidays
- Beer/wine bash every Friday
- Be a part of the networked economy innovator
Job Description Overview
Be the part of Ariba’s core business unit Hosting Operations and work with the experienced operations team in bringing the "Ariba Commerce Cloud" to the next level. The Hosting Operations team is responsible for delivering $170B annual business commerce to thousands of Ariba global enterprise customers and suppliers 24x7. You will be a key member of the Hosting Operations team working with multiple application teams to help transform Ariba’s cutting edge collaborative business commerce operation to 99.99% availability. This is an individual contributor hands-on position .
* 10 years in-depth experience in business critical hosting operations
* Strong UNIX systems and network application and design experience
* Strong database performance and design experience
* Perl and/or Java development experience on UNIX or Linux in an Internet service environment
* Broad Internet understanding: TCP/IP programming, basics of how HTTP
and other major Internet protocols work
* Self-motivated and independent
* Good problem solving skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work independently and take on ownership of large projects in a very dynamic and adaptive environment
* Experience building applications on top of RDBMS
* Proficiency in SQL development preferably in an Oracle environment
* Oracle tuning and design experience
* Experience with web application servers (WebObjects, Tomcat, WebLogic)
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
Ariba, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category.
Ariba Inc. - 20 months ago