This is a provisional appointment.
Brief Job Description (essential functions of the job):
Under general direction of the Sr. Administrative Assistant or assigned supervisor, the Principal Storekeeper performs a variety of duties in one or more internal support areas, including, but not limited to, managing inventories on supplies and equipment for the Fire Suppression and Training Divisions.
Area of Responsibility:
- Assists in planning, directing, managing and performing daily application and support of the department's inventory management applications for supplies for the Fire Suppression and Training Divisions.
- Maintains a requisition and ordering procedure for supplies and equipment, assuring inventory control and cost effectiveness including, but not limited to, uniforms, bunker gear, helmets, safety equipment, tools, hoses, firehouse supplies.
- Works in conjunction with internal departments and external contacts to identify and communicates changes associated with software enhancements or new version implementation.
- Prepares/inputs information on receipts of goods and other items into department systems.
- Inputs/prepares information for upload to the Inventory Management system, including such items as new equipment, surplus equipment, distribution, inventory received and inventory levels.
- Maintains professional knowledge by attendance and completion of seminars, training courses, and keeping up to date with new technologies as required and provided by the department.
- Assists other units or Divisions as needed.
- Performs phone coverage, processing of incoming mail, maintaining office filing systems, correspondence and reports as directed. Runs reports from the Inventory Management system as directed.
- Performs related work as required.
Minimum Entrance Qualifications:
- At least two (2) years of fulltime, or equivalent part-time, experience in storekeeping work, inventory management or logistics the major duties of which included receiving, storing, issuing supplies and equipment and supply management.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft applications preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access preferred.
- Ability to learn new software and hardware systems as necessary preferred.
- Willingness to initiate improvement and expansion of existing systems.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in written and oral communication.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Appropriate educational substitutions will be permitted for of the required experience.
Boston Residency Required
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: AFSCME/RA-14
Hours per week: 35
Please refer to the Salary Information section on the Boston Career Center site for more information on compensation. For each Salary Plan, salaries are listed by Grade and Step.
Boston Public Schools - 13 months ago
Massachusetts General Hospital (GHC)
Massachusetts General Hospital
- 30+ days ago