J P Kenny is one of the world's largest and most innovative pipeline, subsea engineering and management contractors, with 30 years experience and approximately 1300 professional staff located in a global network of 10 offices on 4 continents.
We are seeking Principal Subsea Pipeline Engineers to join our teams in London (Staines) office.
You will work on subsea pipeline projects in many challenging locations including the North Sea, West Africa, the Mediterranean and the Caspian.
Technical challenges will include water depths up to 3.5 km, product temperatures ranging from -190 to 160 deg C, corrosive products, composite materials, tsunamis, land slides, scour and cyclones.
You will be applying the latest limit state design methods including pipeline burst, collapse, propagation buckling, lateral buckling, upheaval buckling, spanning and on bottom stability.
J P Kenny also perform Project Management Services which will provide engineers with involvement in real project environments, with opportunities for site supervision and contractual exposure
Visit www.jpkenny.com for further information.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform engineering duties as advised under supervision of the Project Manager or assigned Manager.
- Take responsibility for pipeline design engineering tasks on a project using the latest design tools, liaising closely with other members of the project team.
- Act as the project authority for the review of the pipeline aspects of the basis of design, specifications and design drawings, and installation procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate engineers and draftsmen.
- Present engineering results and conclusions in verbal and written format to Client engineers.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and project QMS & HSE procedures.
- Liaise with material and equipment suppliers
- Prepare engineering proposals, techno economic studies, technical reports, material specifications, and equipment requisitions.
- Control team performance as part of a Project Management Service overseeing work of others.
- Train juniors and graduates.
- Provide support for bid preparation.
- B Eng. or M. Eng at 2:1 or above.
- 10 years min. post graduation experience of which at least 5 must involve subsea design experience with a design engineering consultancy, or construction organisation.
- Competent in the use of codes and standards for subsea pipeline design
- Experienced in current design methods involving limit state and the use of relevant software.
- Knowledge of materials, insulation, and corrosion issues.
- Understanding of technical issues related to high pressure, high temperature lines.
- Pipeline layout and routing experience.
- Experience in leading a team of engineers.
- Deepwater experience desirable.
- Construction and installation experience including pipeline welding processes.
- Project engineering experience desirable.
- Chartered engineers preferred.
- Open attitude and willingness to tackle new tasks
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills in an engineering or construction environment
- Will demonstrate initiative but know when to ask for help
- Can exhibit engineering common sense when problem solving.
Any Other Information
Please click the apply button, and upload your CV and including a letter explaining why you wish to join J P Kenny and how you will add value to the Company.
- Technically challenging work
- 12 monthly appraisals and pay reviews
- Opportunities for international travel
- Pension plan (with company contribution)
- Relocation support (where applicable)
- Comprehensive professional development training program
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Competitive salary packages. (cat 2 level)
Your application must state clearly whether or not you already have the right to work in the UK.
Your CV will be reviewed and if appropriate circulated to Project Managers or Senior Managers who will review it further. They may then ask for more information, request an interview or return as unsuitable.
This process can take up to three weeks so do not expect a response sooner. If nothing is heard within four weeks it generally means that your application is not currently of interest.
However we will make efforts to reply to every application even if it is to say no.
Please note that your CV will be put onto our database and if a suitable vacancy arises in the future, we will be in contact.
J P Kenny - 6 months ago