We are seeking a Principal Subsea Pipeline Engineer to join one of our teams in the London (Staines) office.
You will be working on a subsea pipeline project in an extremely challenging location. Technical issues will include water depths up to 750 meters, product temperatures ranging from -190 to 160 deg C, high pressures, and numerous geo hazards including slope slides, uneven sea beds, and seismic activity.
You will need to apply the latest limit state design methods including pipeline burst, collapse, propagation buckling, lateral buckling, upheaval buckling, spanning and on bottom stability.
As the project moves towards the execute phase there will be involvement in construction and installation management
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform engineering duties as advised under supervision of the Project Manager or assigned Manager.
- Take responsibility for pipeline design engineering tasks on the project as the Technical Lead using the latest design tools, liaising closely with other members of the project team.
- Act as the project authority for the review of the pipeline aspects of the basis of design, specifications and design drawings, and installation procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate engineers and draftsmen.
- Present engineering results and conclusions in verbal and written format to Client engineers.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and project QMS & HSE procedures.
- Liaise with material and equipment suppliers
- Prepare engineering proposals, techno economic studies, technical reports, material specifications, and equipment requisitions.
- Control team performance as part of a Project Management Service overseeing work of others.
- Train juniors and graduates.
- Provide support for bid preparation.
Any Other Information
Please click the apply button, and upload your CV and including a letter explaining why you wish to join J P Kenny and how you will add value to the Company.
- B Eng. or M. Eng at 2:1 or above.
- 10 years min. post graduation experience of which at least 5 must involve subsea design experience with a design engineering consultancy, or construction organization in the role of design manager or lead engineer having carried out pipeline layout and routing.
- Experience in leading a team of engineers.
- Experienced in the use of codes and standards for subsea pipeline design.
- Experienced in current design methods involving limit state and the use of relevant software.
- Understanding of technical issues related to high pressure, high temperature lines.
- Knowledge of geotechnical and soil mechanics issues and how they impinge on pipeline and flowline design.
- Previous experience of pipeline walking anchor design resulting from temperature and seabed slope issues.
- Knowledge of pipeline materials, insulation, DEH, and corrosion issues.
- Deep water construction and installation experience including welding processes.
- Package engineering experience of subsea equipment, pipeline fittings and connectors desirable.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in an engineering or construction environment
Your application must state clearly whether or not you already have the right to work in the UK.
Your CV will be reviewed and if appropriate circulated to relevant Managers who will review it further. They may then ask for more information, request an interview or return as unsuitable.
This process can take up to three weeks so do not expect a response sooner. If nothing is heard within four weeks it generally means that your application is not currently of interest.
However we will make efforts to reply to every application even if it is to say no.
Please note that your CV will be put onto our database and if a suitable vacancy arises in the future, we will be in contact.