Nokia is committed to connecting people to what matters to them, giving them the power to make the most of every moment, everywhere, anytime.
At Nokia, you have a personal opportunity in an inspiring environment to make a global difference.
Build a career that you will be proud of. Go on an adventure every day.
Help shape a new era in the mobile industry.
It’s your world.
This is your moment to shape it.
This role is MacGyver meets Sherlock Holmes. Working on Nokia’s Swat team, in Cloud Computing, Ops and Delivery, we are looking for a talented complex problem solver. The successful candidate will have a passion for tinkering, tearing things apart in order to figure out how they work. This is the go to position when there is an intricate problem. We are seeking a Jack of all trades from monitoring and recovering issues to sniffing out bugs. This role works with a close SWAT team that does it all. Including but not limited to: Linux operating systems, with TCP, SQL, HTTP, XML, JAVA and use debugging, sniffing and our minds to promote dynamic systems.
Contributing daily with a close team to resolve critical issues, diagnose, monitor and develop solutions, and suggest improvements or enhancements with use of tools.
Problem solve, trouble shoot, resolve, script, support, and deliver results for Applications, Network, Data issues.
Remediating infrastructure related issues and architecting new solutions for Linux Redhat and/or CentOS.
Scripting and automating routine tasks (i.e. Shell, BASH, RUBY, Python, Perl…)
Aiding in deploying systems in situations where time is a critical factor.
Collaborating with and assisting other groups on projects such as system moves involving data center migration.
Assist in diagnosis and mitigation of complex or long term system performance issues.
Staying abreast of industry trends and evolving technology in order to propose initiatives for improvement.
Developing tools to help automate routine or complicated tasks.
Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, JBoss, Hadoop/Hbase, MySQL, HTTP, DNS, NTP, SSH, NFS, SMTP, and LDAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline, or equivalent.
- 8-12+ years of experience building large, fault tolerant, highly reliable systems that scale.
- 6+ years as a Principal Systems Administrator, Engineer, or Architect.
- MacGyver like troubleshooting and analytical skills coupled with a can't lose attitude.
- Advanced knowledge of UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals. RedHat/CentOS a major plus.
- Ability to configure and maintain industry standard applications, services, and protocols, such as
- Ability to automate routine tasks with interpreted languages, such as BASH, Ruby, Python, and Perl.
- Knowledge of security best practices and hardening techniques. Packet Ninjas are a plus.
- Virtualization and block storage experience.
- Working experience with load balancers, managed switches and firewalls, such as Cisco, Juniper, Foundry, and F5.
- Working knowledge of configuration management and deployment tools, such as Puppet, Chef, CF Engine, CVS, Git, and Subversion.
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools, such as Nagios Professional, Cacti, Ganglia, MRTG.
- Clear understanding of the lifecycle of software based services.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Capable of managing and leading involved projects.
Research & Development
Location & Commerce
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Mar 16, 2013, 3:59:59 AM
Contact Name - External
Contact Email - External
Nokia - 20 months ago
Nokia is one of the world's leading makers of cell phones. First incorporated in the Finnish city it's named after, Nokia's business...