With 30 years of experience in application development and deployment, Progress Software is building the next generation of Cloud computing. We’re putting world-class, real-time analytics, decision-making, and data visualization at the fingertips of business users.
In short, we’re making the development, deployment, and management of business applications even simpler —on any platform, any device, and any Cloud.
Work from home in any major city across the US. The Systems Engineer (SE) is responsible for participating in Sales campaigns and providing solution support as a Virtual Account Team Member in the implementation of the Customer Engagement Model (CEM). The Systems Engineer supports the Sales team by architecting and positioning Progress OpenEdge Application Development products and business solutions with their associated Value Propositions. This includes understanding customer pain points and identifying the specific products and solutions from Progress Software which address those pain points and positioning them to customers/prospects in the implementation of the Customer Engagement Model (CEM).
- Work closely with sales executives on assigned accounts and opportunities to set sales strategy and "own" the technical relationship within the account or opportunity.
- Understand the customer, partner or end-user’s business requirements, needs, and objectives. Create presentations and demonstrations that exemplify how Progress Software can best meet the requirements.
- Be knowledgeable of relevant industry trends, opportunities, and challenges impacting customers and partners.
- Proactively contribute ideas and support for revenue generating sales and marketing campaigns and recruit customers or partners to participate.
- Create and deliver product or solution presentations in support of Progress Corporate Marketing and Field Marketing events and programs.
- Promote Progress products and solutions at events - users groups, partner conferences, webinar campaigns and other events.
- Respond to Requests for Information (RFI’s) and Requests for Proposals (RFP’s).
- Deliver, manage or participate in Proof-of-Concept projects and demonstrations.
- Support Product Management activities as it relates to gathering customer-specific requirements to help evolve Progress Software solutions in the market.
- Communicate the business and technical requirements to the Professional Services team to warrant a continuous degree of customer satisfaction.
- Track and communicate technical account status to the Progress Software sales and leadership teams .
- Continuously gather knowledge of competitors and their projects and how to effectively position Progress Software products and solutions against them.
- Proactively seek to contribute to Progress Software’s growth objectives by providing mentoring to other SE’s.
- Review, establish and implement a personal training plan to facilitate ongoing growth and professional development.
- Work from home in any major city and Travel 50%-75% nationwide
Minimum of 5 years experience in a PreSales / Systems Engineering role with a proven track record of sales revenue generation, customer success, and customer satisfaction. Key knowledge and skills include the following:
- Experience building or selling software products which enable the development of large or small business applications (ERP, CRM, SCM, etc...)
- Hands-on experience performing or selling software products which perform the following functions...
- Database design, data flow, reporting, RDBMS capabilities
- Application core business logic, business transactions, business process
- User interface design, standards, technologies
- Application Lifecycle Management and/or Software Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of application development platforms (.NET, Java, Progress OpenEdge, Web-based platforms, other...)
- Understanding of application architectures (host, client/server, web/internet-based, SOA/distributed)
- Knowledge of or direct experience with business applications designed to be run or sold in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model
- Preferred candidate will also have knowledge or direct experience with Cloud infrastructure services, virtualization technologies, and today's quickly evolving Cloud market
- Preferred candidate may also have knowledge and direct experience with application integration technologies, methods, design
- Preferred candidate may also have knowledge and direct experience with Business Intelligence or data analytics
- Proven ability to visualize and validate technical strategy against business requirements
- Understanding of both Direct and Indirect customers and sales engagement models
- Sales process, formal sales training and working as part of a virtual account team
- Proven consultative selling, problem solving and strategic thinking is highly preferred
- Advanced listening, verbal, and writing skills
- Strong presentation skills with an understanding of how to hold and control an audience in both small and large group environments
Progress Software - 30+ days ago
Progress Software Corporation develops, markets and distributes software for the development, deployment, integration and management of busi...