McDermott has an opening for a Principal Travel
Administrator based in Houston, Texas. As a leader in
the offshore engineering and construction business,
McDermott offers good career opportunities for people
who would like to build their experience and expertise
collaborating with some of the best minds in the
industry. McDermott is currently growing across all
market areas and is looking for a dynamic, highly
creative, professional with a proactive nature and fresh
ideas to be a key member of our travel program team with
primary responsibilities for McDermott’s
• Direct oversight and supervision of contracted travel
agency in Houston, TX.
• Indirect oversight of contracted travel agencies for
other Atlantic region locations, including Brazil,
Canada, and Mexico.
• Responsible for optimal delivery of services and
operations management for all travel agencies in
• Investigates travel complaints from employees, and
resolve major issues with travel agency, airlines,
hotels, car rentals, and other providers.
• Monitors and reviews travel agency reservations to
ensure fares and routings are in compliance with travel
• Manages Atlantic/Corporate hotel program: Sources,
selects, negotiates, implements, and manages hotels.
• Coordinates global hotel program with all regions.
• Acts as card program administrator for the US credit
• Receives and responds to general inquiries and support
requests about policies, procedures, processes,
billings, and credit card accounts.
• Generates, compiles, formats, and analyzes spend,
usage, and non-compliance reports.
• Maintains travel intranet and internet sites.
• Leads or assists with special projects for travel
systems and programs.
• Reviews and checks all billings and invoices from
travel services providers.
• Acts as system administrator for traveler preparation,
tracking, communications, and reporting system.
• Assists with identifying training needs for travel
agents and employees, and coordinate training seminars.
• Assists with creating and publishing employee
• Assists in sourcing, selecting, negotiating,
implementing, and managing all suppliers.
• Assists in reviewing, developing, and administering
• Assists in developing, controlling, analyzing, and
reporting of travel budget.